Gross subject but I need advice!

Options
So I'm sorry to be posting such a gross subject but I really need some advice. The last few days I've been suffering with a really nasty cold. Which I've now been told might actually be flu!

I can't keep anything down, and anything that does stay down doesn't stay in for very long because I've had a very bad tummy.

What I want to know is how can I log my foods when I'm not eating much but everything I do eat is coming straight back up anyway?

I NEED to still be counting something, otherwise I will feel like a failure and I won't fail again!!! (I've been yo-yoing, but always been big, for 10 years and I can't do it anymore, I want to be slim and healthy)

Sorry for the gross subject, I've tried to put it as delicately as possible but I hope it doesn't offend anyone! I just really need some help.

Thank you!

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You're sick. Stop logging and look after yourself. Your diet can wait.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You have the flu. You have bigger things to worry about than logging, right now. Relax. Take care of yourself and get back to logging when you feel better.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Don't log when you're sick. If you NEED to log - throw in some quick adds or something but don't worry about the number.
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When you're that kind of sick, logging is not worth the energy. It would not be an accurate representation anyway. I would nourish your body however you can, even if that includes eating whatever food comforts you in these times. After you are well again, go back to logging. Stay hydrated as much as possible. Pedialyte is wonderful for when you can't keep fluids down because it also replenishes electrolytes that you lose and that you can't get through food if you can't keep it down.
  • karmasays
    karmasays Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Your main concern right now should be staying hydrated.

Don't worry about logging food, eat when you feel up to it and start logging again when you're feeling better, which I hope is soon!
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Your main concern right now should be staying hydrated.

Don't worry about logging food, eat when you feel up to it and start logging again when you're feeling better, which I hope is soon!

+1

Try to keep yourself hydrated. I had the flu in December and it was horrid. Rest, hydrate, rest, and REST.
  • AlexiaLupis
    AlexiaLupis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice everyone. I kind of knew it, but sometimes you need to know that its ok to not be logging for a few days while you get better.

I had to cancel my first ever teaching work experience (was meant to be today), and you're right! Flu is so horrible, its my first flu and its the worst I've ever felt.

My mum used to bang on about people saying they had flu when they just had a cold so I always think Ive just got a cold, turns out I was wrong this time :(

Will stay hydrated and not worry too much about what I eat.

Thank you again!
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice everyone. I kind of knew it, but sometimes you need to know that its ok to not be logging for a few days while you get better.

I had to cancel my first ever teaching work experience (was meant to be today), and you're right! Flu is so horrible, its my first flu and its the worst I've ever felt.

My mum used to bang on about people saying they had flu when they just had a cold so I always think Ive just got a cold, turns out I was wrong this time :(

Will stay hydrated and not worry too much about what I eat.

Thank you again!

I hope you feel better soon.