Xmas 20lb Challenge!

Options

Replies

• ley1
    ley1 Posts: 115
    Options
    oh yes i'm in! I fell off the wagon too and only just got back on - today is my new start!

SW 17/10/2010: 188lbs

Gosh if i can loose 20lbs by xmas i will be a happy happy lady!!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Been doing good until the last couple of weeks then lost the habit of logging everything and feel like I'm going backwards. My goal weight is 13 pounds away - should be able to do that by Christmas :happy:
  • dlmarkley66
    Options
    Hey! I'm in! Do we start from today?
  • cataclysm
    cataclysm Posts: 109
    Options
    Hi Guys!

This is such a fantastic response! !!!! I Really was expecting only a handful of people, but this is amazing!

So- WELCOME TO DAY 1!

I am in England so I am a few hours ahead of most of you. Whilst you are all sleeping or doing whatever you do in the small hours, I have been out for a run in this stupidly cold weather! ( 3rd day of the couch 2 2k program)!

I have also changed my ticker specifically for this challenge although I have a lot more than 20lbs to lose, its a great start! Small goals work well for most people, including me!

So, I thought I would kick us off with a few thoughts and feelings about what lies ahead.

Firstly, I am excited to have so many people to share this journey with! I am a pretty competitve and team orientated person so this is exactly what I need!

I am feeling fresh and motivated and for the first time in a long time, I am feeling DETERMINED to loose weight and get healthy, instead of being OBSESSED with losing weight and becoming healthy.

I had a couple of major slip ups last week and if there is one thing I have I have learnt its that although discipline may hurt like HELL, the regret that comes afterwords hurts a whole lot worse! So, thats my mantra for the week :D

I hope we all reach the goal together! Good Luck to everyone!!
  • fitgramma
    Options
    I'm in. That would give me a good start to my goal. I hope I will lose more than that but will be happy with 20 lbs. by Christmas!
    SW 170
    GW 120
  • chefdebrot
    Options
    Sounds like a plan, thanks for the motivator. I just started this week, and the timeline works out perfectly.
  • rayfromtx
    rayfromtx Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm in sort of. My goal has been 180 by Christmas since I started this. I'm 17 lbs away as of this morning so I'll stop there. It's not technically 20, but it'll have to do. Sorry for getting a head start.

C'mon y'all. We got some big time shrinking to do. See you at the finish line and watch out for turkey day. That turkey is looking for revenge this year and he's bringing his friends. Together, we can ignore him and his pecan pie buddy. :devil:
  • amandarusco
    Options
    oooh sounds great I will join!
  • sugarbuzz74
    sugarbuzz74 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have 15 lbs to lose but would like to do it by Xmas/New Years. Thanks for starting this thread!
  • hayleyross
    Options
    count me in!!!:happy:
  • rubycarol
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'll join too! I'm aiming for 10lbs or more by Christmas! Getting by Halloween and all the candy the kids bring home is going to be my first challenge!
  • EverHopeful
    Options
    I'm in. This is what we all need - motivation!
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I added a Christmas ticker to my signature! Cheers to a healthier us by Christmas!!
  • michie1979
    Options
    Count me in :)

On another site, we listed everyone thats doing the challenge, with the amount they want to loose.
    Then weekly we would repost the list, adding the weightloss for each person for that week. Its really easy to see everyones progress that way, if your up for doing that??
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!

This is such a fantastic response! !!!! I Really was expecting only a handful of people, but this is amazing!

So- WELCOME TO DAY 1!

I am in England so I am a few hours ahead of most of you. Whilst you are all sleeping or doing whatever you do in the small hours, I have been out for a run in this stupidly cold weather! ( 3rd day of the couch 2 2k program)!

I have also changed my ticker specifically for this challenge although I have a lot more than 20lbs to lose, its a great start! Small goals work well for most people, including me!

So, I thought I would kick us off with a few thoughts and feelings about what lies ahead.

Firstly, I am excited to have so many people to share this journey with! I am a pretty competitve and team orientated person so this is exactly what I need!

I am feeling fresh and motivated and for the first time in a long time, I am feeling DETERMINED to loose weight and get healthy, instead of being OBSESSED with losing weight and becoming healthy.

I had a couple of major slip ups last week and if there is one thing I have I have learnt its that although discipline may hurt like HELL, the regret that comes afterwords hurts a whole lot worse! So, thats my mantra for the week :D

I hope we all reach the goal together! Good Luck to everyone!!

I'm in England too. Really excited for this challenge. Just wondering, though, are we going to do a first weigh-in since today is the start and most of us want to lose 20 pounds from today? Good luck everyone.
  • clange
    clange Posts: 5
    Options
    Count me in -- I really need that extra support during the holidays!
  • cjw404
    cjw404 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Need the motivation!
  • jedicoffeemaster9457
    Options
    I would like to join, but I am new to this site, do I need to do anything?
  • mom2triplets
    Options
    I am in too!!