Okay, everyone says 1200 is bad, so assuming 1293 is too..?

Options
I'm 5'3" - 19 years old
SW: 202
CW: 194
1GW: 160
MFP gave me 1293 a day, I've been reading a lot of the discussions but everytime I try it I get around that. What should I be eating to lose? Also just started some lifting 4-5 times a week, and usually always running around with my baby on my hip.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    what did you put in for activity level?

Weekly weight loss goal?
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    1200 is not bad, it's just minimal. if mfp is giving you 1293, thats what you should be having unless you have a feeling its off.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to eat your exercise calories back if you set your stats as sedentary. That means eating back what you burn running around with your baby or doing anything else besides sitting around, even if it isn't gym related.
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to eat your exercise calories back if you set your stats as sedentary. That means eating back what you burn running around with your baby or doing anything else besides sitting around, even if it isn't gym related.

Okay, maybe that's my problem. I rarely ever log my exercise.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

If you have your weekly weight loss goal set at 2lbs and sedentary that is your problem...nobody is sedentary esp a mom.

If you set it to 1lb a week and lightly active and log your true exercise calories and eat back 50-75% of them you would have plenty of calories to eat.
  • lollipoprincess
    Options

If you have your weekly weight loss goal set at 2lbs and sedentary that is your problem...nobody is sedentary esp a mom.

If you set it to 1lb a week and lightly active and log your true exercise calories and eat back 50-75% of them you would have plenty of calories to eat.

Thank you :D
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    go to the search bar and look up "IPOARM" check that out, its by "helloitsdan" hes a good guy and does all his own research. good luck
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" - 19 years old
    SW: 202
    CW: 194
    1GW: 160
    MFP gave me 1293 a day, I've been reading a lot of the discussions but everytime I try it I get around that. What should I be eating to lose? Also just started some lifting 4-5 times a week, and usually always running around with my baby on my hip.

start of with this numbers: from your target weight from your original post

For nutrition:

160 lbs. x 13 calories = 2080 calories... split it to 40% protein 832 calories, 40% carbs 832 calories, 20% essential fats 416 calories

for Exercise:

Progressively start off with something that will put your heart rate up to 70% - 80% of you maximum heart rate zone

basic formula is 220 - age = 220 - 19 = 201 maximum heart rate so 70% is 141 - 80% is 161

that means you will do exercise of your choice and target to maintain your heart rate between those numbers in a specified time start off with 5 mins. warm - up, 20 minutes work, 5 minutes cooldown.... RECORD YOUR CALORIE BURN so you have a basis on next time to progress into... invest in a Heart rate monitor just the basic one, if not just record your time consumed exercising and progress.

I can not reitirate enough the importance of logging your foods accurately and consistently... this will be your secret weapon... goodluck! SLOW DIETING IS KEY from the numbers above decrease your carb intake slowly each time your progress stalls....
  • BrieFit18
    BrieFit18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about calories, just eat healthy and exercise! :)
  • lollipoprincess
    Options
    Thanks! I was looking into buying a heart rate monitor :)
  • SezxyStef
    Options

Yah no, you can gain weight on too much healthy food too...
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options

this is not a bad attitude at all although if you want to hit a certain goal it'll be hard to assess your progress, things to adjust into, or better yet how do you know if what your doing is working at all.... just close your eyes and hope for the best???
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    It's not bad, just the bare minimum for survival without damaging yourself internally. A few weeks in, you'll probably start feeling the deficit- and realize why most people like to find out the most they can lose on instead of sticking to the 1200 minimum!
  • BrieFit18
    Options

this is not a bad attitude at all although if you want to hit a certain goal it'll be hard to assess your progress, things to adjust into, or better yet how do you know if what your doing is working at all.... just close your eyes and hope for the best???

Oh I know! Counting calories is fine, I just meant that a lot of people on here distress themselves about it. Using a calorie limit and tracking what you're eating is definitely beneficial for weight loss, but it should only be used as a frame and nothing to get to upset about. If you are around the right amount of calories and eating healthy foods then it doesn't really matter if you have more. That's just my opinion, do whatever works for you! :)
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

Oh I know! Counting calories is fine, I just meant that a lot of people on here distress themselves about it. Using a calorie limit and tracking what you're eating is definitely beneficial for weight loss, but it should only be used as a frame and nothing to get to upset about. If you are around the right amount of calories and eating healthy foods then it doesn't really matter if you have more. That's just my opinion, do whatever works for you! :)
    If your diary is correct, perhaps you should be more concerned with eating more calories-they seem WAY too low to me!
  • BrieFit18
    Options

If your diary is correct, perhaps you should be more concerned with eating more calories-they seem WAY too low to me!

Oh I don't record anywhere near all my calories don't worry haha I get lazy and don't write down most of the things I have other than some meals and some snacks :P
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Did you just tell someone to stop worrying about calories on the forum of a website completely built around and devoted to the counting of calories?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Oh I don't record anywhere near all my calories don't worry haha I get lazy and don't write down most of the things I have other than some meals and some snacks :P

Don't take this the wrong way but....why are you here?
  • BrieFit18
    Options

Don't take this the wrong way but....why are you here?

Because this website has a lot of uses other than counting calories. Don't attack me because my goals are different from yours. And by "don't worry about calories" I meant exactly that. Counting calories is helpful and definitely important in losing weight but definitely not something to get so worked up about. As long as you relatively follow the recommended calorie and macromolecule intake, eat healthy, and exercise, you will still lose weight. I hope this helped the person who actually asked the question to start with. Thanks
  • lukester19
    lukester19 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My blood tests are all over the place when I eat under 2000 calories for a extended period of time. Everyone's body is different.