NEEDS HELP ASAP PLEASE!!!!!!

angiepoo23
angiepoo23 Posts: 1
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
:smile:

ok so i am having alot of trouble with learning how to eat. literally...when i was much thinnner i didnt have to think about calories or what to eat with what like carbs, proteins, ect...i just need the basics, good low fat meals, and some planning tips on eating every X ammount of hours, pretty much i need advice on how to eat, what to eat, and how often, thanks so much

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I believe in eating whatever you want BUT in MODERATION!! I've lost 20lbs since August 29th. I still eat pizza once a week, and I still eat every other food i like ... yes, everyday. CATCH IS ... I watch my portion control. I don't think it's so much WHAT you eat, but how much you're eating that makes the difference at the end of the day. Don't deprive yourself from things you love, it'll never last. That is what leads to binge eating. Eat your favorite meals (whether it be lasagna, spaghetti, pizza, chicken, sushi etc) just eat LESS. Fill it into your MFP log and see what you can eat to stay within your recommended calories. It's a lifestyle change, not a diet that works at the end of the day :)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    The link below is a 6 week eating plan, of about 1500 cals a day worth of food. I started out doing this over the summer and though I only lost 4 or so lbs using it, it made a big difference for me- it basically retrained me in terms of meal planning, grocery shopping and go to snacks. It relies on protein and fiber to keep you full. Disregard the workout (its wicked hard) and before you go shopping for everything, check that you will like all the meals (I, for example, changed all the tofu dishes cuz tofu creeps me out). But I think this is a guideline that will help you reset and make getting to stay within your target calorie limits much much easier.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/six-week-weight-loss-meal-plan-week-1
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    The link below is a 6 week eating plan, of about 1500 cals a day worth of food. I started out doing this over the summer and though I only lost 4 or so lbs using it, it made a big difference for me- it basically retrained me in terms of meal planning, grocery shopping and go to snacks. It relies on protein and fiber to keep you full. Disregard the workout (its wicked hard) and before you go shopping for everything, check that you will like all the meals (I, for example, changed all the tofu dishes cuz tofu creeps me out). But I think this is a guideline that will help you reset and make getting to stay within your target calorie limits much much easier.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/six-week-weight-loss-meal-plan-week-1

LOL!!! "...tofu creeps me out"... Me too!! Haha!
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Two of my favorite meal/menu inspiration websites are:

eatingwell.com
    skinnytaste.com
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    For some general information:

It is usually recommended to eat 6 small meals a day instead of trying to stuff all your calories into 3 meals. This will keep your metabolism going strong all day.

Eat more when you get up in the morning and less at night. Our bodies need the energy and our metabolism is the fastest in the morning.

Try converting to drinking mostly water. This will help energy and if we are dehydrated we will feel more bloated.

Cut down on sodium. To much sodium can create water retention. However, to little sodium can be trouble too.

Exercise whenever you can.

I have always eaten my exercise calories. However this is a big debate on here and some do and some don't. Try not to go to bed starving. That doesn't help anything.

Good Luck and i hope this helps.
  • i just started reading labels...i stay away from soda, candy, ect. but i have to have my morning coffee with creamer. I dont eat out, I eat a lot of chicken, fruit, veggies, peanut butter, low cal bread, baked lays are always around lol. like the others said, its about portions
  • cataclysm
    cataclysm Posts: 109
    My 2 tips would be to;

1) Eat ONLY when you are hungry

2) Eat whatever you want, but STOP when you are full

3) Eat on a smaller plate (creates portion control and makes you feel like you are eating more compared to if less food was put ona normal sized dinner plate)

You just have to eat really slowly so you pay attention to the signals your stomach is telling your brain!
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    "The Abs Diet 6-Minute Meals for 6-Pack Abs: More Than 150 Great-Tasting Recipes to Melt Away Fat!"
    is another great resources for quick, whole, fresh meal ideas.
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    my dietician has me eat 6 small meals a day, roughly every 2-3 hours eat something. Otherwise I get super hungary and tend to overeat. for dinner I really eat lean protein like 3 oz of chicken and veggies, lots of them to fill me up. snacks are stuff like apple and 1/2C cottage cheese. apples tend to fill me up so I try to eat alot of those. :) lunch would be 2oz of whole wheat pasta with brocolli and a sprinkle of cheese to melt on it. or those Orrowheat sandwich thins bread (100 cals for top and bottom!) with oscar myers deli shaved cracked chicken lunchmeat (50 cals for 6 slices) tomato, lettuce, pickle. low cals but fills me up really well. stuff like that. You really have to get into reading labels and comparing labels of different brands. some lunchmeats are MUCH higher in cals per serving than others. some low fat items have MORE calories than the higher fat version. My dietician says this is because they have to replace the fat with something and its usually sugar.
This discussion has been closed.