Struggling with weight loss

Options
I've been doing circuit training for 5 weeks, about 3 or 4 times a week. Starting this past weekend I've done body combat and plan to continue. I've been eating better and don't binge anymore. I don't always post everything, but I know I'm not going ridiculously over. Sometimes I'm under. However, I have not lost 1lb. My weight isn't fluctuating as much anymore. Every time I weigh myself I'm at the same weight. But my goal is to lose weight and its so disappointing that after 5 weeks of circuit training I'm at the same weight. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    How much do you have to lose?
    How much are you eating?
  • jennydelgado09
    jennydelgado09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose about 35 lbs. I usually eat between 1000-1500 calories a day. When I first started I'd go over at times but lately I've been under or in between.
  • HerkMeOff
    Options
    I'm trying to lose about 35 lbs. I usually eat between 1000-1500 calories a day. When I first started I'd go over at times but lately I've been under or in between.

Without knowing more information you should probably be eating more towards 1500.

1000 is too low.

Also, weigh your food.
  • lmramos44
    lmramos44 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Calories at 1500 are good. Maybe you need to change what you eat, go vegan a couple days. atkins a couple days. liquid a couple days........mix it up and keep your exercise schedule. It will happen.
  • HerkMeOff
    Options
    Calories at 1500 are good. Maybe you need to change what you eat, go vegan a couple days. atkins a couple days. liquid a couple days........mix it up and keep your exercise schedule. It will happen.

Shifting through all those diets will do nothing.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    What does it mean "going ridiculously over."? Are you recording your food or just guessing? Weight loss can't be measured in 5 weeks, especially if you don't have data to analyze. If I can offer any suggestions, record everything you put in your mouth. Do it religiously. MFP has pretty extensive database to pick every food item.

Also, outside the diet - it takes 3500 to lose 1 lb. That means you eat 1500 calories and burn 2000, you have 500 calories deficit. If you do it for 7 days, you will lose 1 lb. As you can see it is a not an easy road. But it is a manageable and more you do it, the easier it will get.

Good luck!
  • chargraves
    chargraves Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I. I don't always post everything, but I know I'm not going ridiculously over. Sometimes I'm under.

This is the part of your post that might be the culprit. It is very easy to underestimate your food intake if it is not *all* logged. For one week log every food and beverage that you put in your mouth. Measure (preferably weighing) before eating. Until you have the data that accurately reflects what you are eating, it will be difficult to determine next steps.
  • TestTheLimits
    Options
    I actually was going through something similar not to long ago and my trainer pointed out that while my calories were under, my carbs and sugars (but more so my sugars) were quite high - and frequently went over my daily limit. What I found helpful was to track everything (as much as I hate tracking my food) and really pay attention to sugars and carbs. Also, he recommended having nuts as a later in the day snack to keep up brain function and energy. I've been eating unsalted cashews and have found that it actually works!!

It's also possible that because the calories are all over the place your body is still storing fat because it is unsure if it's going to get fuel again. Something that helped me is making sure I was eating regularly.

I hope this helps :)

Mandie :flowerforyou:
  • micheleburnard1
    Options
    I don't know much about this because I'm new to my fitness pal but maybe your body is used to the exercise video that your doing, especially since you have been doing it for awhile now, so maybe you should try making the video harder for you, or possibly try adding another little exercise as well and see how it goes I mean you never know until you try right! :)
  • nemodawson
    nemodawson Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I agree. I recently came to the revaluation that I haven't been putting forth the effort I should be. That was this past Monday. Since then I've been putting forth more effort in my workouts, but have also been mixing my diet up and I'm already down 2 pounds, I still have 30 to go as well. So definitely try changing things up, but also make sure to put in mass effort!!!