Does anyone average calories at the end of the week?

Options
Hello! So some days i am not that hungry and find myself eating alot less then my reccomended calories(with exercise calories) and other days i eat ALL my exercise calories...which is sometimes over 2000....but i have been averaging at the end of the week anywhere from 1400-1600.
Does anybody do this with success? Or does the days you eat more calories get stored at fat? Should i be eating more on the days i'm not super hungry? Thanks!!!

Replies

• InsanlyIrene
    Options
    I don't really do this but I am under my goal a lot, I try to eat as much as I can (which is around 1500-1600 after workout deduct) BUT it's not always easy to eat that much! I do eat 5x a day cause I make myself! I think as long as you stick to your goal it's okay to be under if it's not too much (a few hundred shouldn't be a hug problem), as long as you eat healthy and varied you should be okay :)
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I do not eat my exercise calories... I burn an average of 500-1000 calories exercising ... but I do eat 1200-1500 calories per day... and I find that some days it is difficult to eat them all because I eat pretty clean... so I add a tablespoon of peanut butter to my oatmeal etc. I am losing about 2 pounds per week since I started this but more importantly, I am losing inches Over the course of a month on this program (developed through trial and error) I have lost 4 inches from my belly... which is where I stored all my fat!
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    I do. The paid program we use to have w/a pc averaged...I'm was a little frustrated yesterday that this program doesn't do it for you. I think everyone has days where they eat a little more or less but I've found that if it averages out over time, I stay on track. Just curious how tall are you carajo? You're about the weight range I want to be in ;) but a few years younger.
  • myricksmom
    myricksmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't really average weekly, but I do eat light on Saturday and add the leftover calories to Sunday. I have been doing this since I started back in July and I have been losing steadily.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have been losing steadily as well, but yesterday for example i overate, but still averaged 1387 cals. daily for the week...i didn't know if there was a method here, or if yesterday was a bum day and would set me back. Each week i do total and keep it under 1500 daily( even though through the week some days i ate say 1000 and others 2000...)
    Oh and I am 5'5!! I actually met my goal of 125...but i am afraid to change my ticker for fear of gaining ;(
  • InsanlyIrene
    Options
    As long as you keep your food clean and eat right you won't gain, watch your intake and you should be good :) Good luck!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I am a numbers guy so I have a spreadsheet with various information including total cals, exercise cals, net gain, weight, BF% etc :) I update it every week.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hello! So some days i am not that hungry and find myself eating alot less then my reccomended calories(with exercise calories) and other days i eat ALL my exercise calories...which is sometimes over 2000....but i have been averaging at the end of the week anywhere from 1400-1600.
    Does anybody do this with success? Or does the days you eat more calories get stored at fat? Should i be eating more on the days i'm not super hungry? Thanks!!!

I don't actually average them every week, but I definitely do this. If I want something extra one day then I add it to the next day's diary and eat that much less the next day. Or if I know I didn't eat enough yesterday, I'll eat something extra today and add it to yesterday's diary. Since your body doesn't work based on days, it really is more important what the average is over the course of the week. One day of eating too much is not going to hurt you, especially if you make up for it throughout the rest of the week and end up with an average that is about right.
  • Megooo19
    Megooo19 Posts: 199
    Options
    I am a numbers guy so I have a spreadsheet with various information including total cals, exercise cals, net gain, weight, BF% etc :) I update it every week.

I do the same thing, I keep a spreadsheet with my calories eaten, calories burned and daily weight, then I average it over the week to make sure I have a deficit of at least 3500 calories (aka one pound). It's been working for me so I don't think one day of overeating hurts as long as the rest of the week was good.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Interesting. How does it go with daily weigh ins? I can't be bothered doing that, once a week if plenty for me with BF% test done then as well.