carbs & sugar

Options
Hi everyone, I am just getting started out on a LCHF diet and was wondering if the carbs column is total carbs { ie includes sugar} as sugar gets a column of its own. I know it is probably really obvious and simple but , I am simpler

Replies

• bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Carbs are total, including sugar. Sugar gets its own column because some people are trying to limit their sugar intake.
  • weightabllodyminute
    Options
    cheers, I did think that was the case but thought conformation would be wise
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Yep carbs are total.

Good luck on your LCHF path.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.:smile:
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Net carbs are total carbs minus fiber, so you'll want to make sure you've got MFP set up to track fiber. If I remember correctly it's not a default setting, and I had to change it, but I don't always remember correctly :)

Good luck with LCHF! I really like it. I find it much easier to stay within my calorie range. I still eat carby stuff once in a while if it's really worth it. For the first time in my life, a juicy piece of fruit actually seems like dessert.
  • weightabllodyminute
    Options
    Thanks for all the support folks , its just early days but so far and I hate to tempt fate , but I am finding it easy to follow with no cravings { so far lol}