You know your becoming a gym rat when...........

Options
Thought it would be fun for people to share their experiences of becoming a gym rat (can't believe i have become one! i am becoming everything i used to make fun of!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!)

1. you wake up early and instead of rolling over you jump out of bed to check your gym schedule and find a 6am spin class to go to and am out of your mind excited to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. your hubby, mom and friend all say you are becoming a gym rat.

3. you actually really like going to the gym now, its not a "chore" to go....

4. on the days you don't go to the gym you actually feel guilty (OMG i cannot believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

share your experiences my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, I wanna play....

You know you're becoming a gym rat when...

1. you pay more for your workout wardrobe than your "real" clothes and spend more time in it.

2. the clerk at the drugstore asks if you are a trainer (because she never sees you in normal clothes). and another shopowner says (loudly) "oh, I didn't recognize you in clothes!" when you go in done up to go out for the evening.

3. You belong to two gyms (guilty) and both managers will call you if your favourite class is cancelled.

4. You are constantly looking for new yoga and Zumba classes in your area, and stalking your favourite teachers to ask them to teach more often.

Yep, I'm a loser.:tongue:
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    3. You belong to two gyms (guilty)

I've considered doing this; is it really as better as I dream it is?
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    3. You belong to two gyms (guilty)

I've considered doing this; is it really as better as I dream it is?

If you take a lot of classes, yes. If you just use equipment, probably not. I did some drop ins at a another gym, and one thing led to another. I take (usually) 3 classes a week at one and 3 classes a week at the other.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    You know when your becoming a gym rat when:

When you start recognising people and their routines...

When your instructor starts talking to you during the class...

When you finish work you consult your class timetables and see which ones you can make it to (and yes I have a choice of 2 gyms)...

When you do more than one class back to back...
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You realize that you don't need to clean your shower every week because nearly all your showers are at the gym!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    When you always see the same people at the time you work out.

You feel guilty when you take a rest day.

When you become angry or moody when you don't get your daily work out.

All you can think about at work is running after work.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't qualify as a gym rat! LOL!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    When almost all the personal trainers know your name

When your gym asks for a testmonial

When you don't have a clue what is on primetime tv any more since you are usually at the gym

When you plan your weekend around the times that your gym is open
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    When you need to do laundry earlier because you used all your work out clothes.

You pay $40 for a sport bra.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    When they have a " reserved " parking space for you........lol

Only kidding ,but I am the first one in the gym..... 5: 45 a.m.........talk about dedication. Im the first car in the parking lot, the gym opens at 6

Because of my weight loss, Ill keep doing anything that has added to it, and I couldnt have come this far with out exercise.........
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    as a gym rat myself and a gym owner.....here is my input

*****you've earned the respect from the "big boys" of the gym. meaning you're not there to look pretty or play "grab *kitten*". you look rough when you leave from busting butt and pushing your body to the limits. you are welcomed to lift with the big boys and they have taken you as one of their own.

*****you run into gym people everywhere, especially at the grocery store purchases dozens of eggs!

*****you don't think twice about purchasing $75 on a pair of good cross trainers

*****takes you longer to purchase groceries because you read labels, make better choices and compare shop..... and snub your nose at bakery department

*****you condition with your kids for sports. i run and lift with my son when football season is over.

*****family time is spent working out with your family

*****your new best friends are people from the gym....they are the only ones who understand you.

****your little ones love to go to "their gym" for the baby sitting service
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    When you and the 6 year old get into a fight she want's to go to "Fit N Fun" but you know it's just to get away from you.

When the 6 year old notices you didn't go to the steam room and chastizes you because her towel isn't warm.

You've noticed your water bill go down because of at gym showering.

You wonder why none of your friends want to go work-out with you.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    When you're really wondering how much exercise you could get away with sick as a dog...
  • chocbeast
    chocbeast Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You get sports injuries!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options

*****you run into gym people everywhere, especially at the grocery store purchases dozens of eggs!

:laugh:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You have nicknames for the regular gym goers that you see and you've devised life stories for them (and share them with your SO).

(You know you all have a "moaning guy" and "old man who lifts 2 lb dumbbells" at your gyms too!)

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    when the ripped guys at the gym take you seriously when you're asking a question (I allow myself one a day), when your child has no problem sitting there playing DS while you sweat it out because he's use to it, when you go on weekends just for fun, if you forgot your gym ID that's ok because they ALL know you, when you get in such a routine with the people that go the same time you are that your cardio machine is ALWAYS available, you wish you could wear your gym strip to work at the office
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    ..... my kids know the days of the week by if I am going to the gym or Zumba.

..... you need to buy more work out clothes because your laundry can't keep up.

..... you change a day / time and someone comments that they didn't see you.

.... and the biggest one for me .....

.......... your husband tells you to sleep in on Sunday and he'll get up with the kids and you set your alarm anyways to get in an early morning workout..........
  • aprilshowers13
    Options
    You have nicknames for the regular gym goers that you see and you've devised life stories for them (and share them with your SO).

(You know you all have a "moaning guy" and "old man who lifts 2 lb dumbbells" at your gyms too!)

Yes! I thought I was the only one that came up with little nickname for some of the regulars. :laugh:
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    HAHAH you guys are funny, but it's so true!