Exams Done..Maintaining Done Start Bulking?

Options
Ok well its been about 1 and half month since i turned to maintaining from losing..it went fine..i had exams through that period..things went fine...no gaining of the wieght

I wants to start bulking..as suggested by some people..so i need to know what does bulking actually means?

how do i start it? will my weight increase?

Replies

• aaroneous8989
    Options
    I'm probably not the best person on this to give advice, since I'm still trying to lose weight, by what I interpret from bulking is, what ever your daily calorie intake is to maintain weight, just eat over by about 250 calories, and start lifting heavy weights, where you get exhausted and tired between 8-12 reps. so by just going over a small amount of calories, you should gain 1/2 pound of muscle a week if you consistently hit the gym and lift hard (this may not be 100 percent correct, but I know by going in a surplus you will gain weight, but by that little surplus, and all the heavy weights, more than likely it should turn into muscle and not fat. and yes you will gain weight, but it should all be muscle weight, if any fat weight, shouldn't be very much at all. just remember, once you feel comfortable getting to your bulk state, you need to do a cutting phase after). That's advice that was given to me by someone on here a while back on what he done, and it worked good for him. just cause you want to bulk, don't mean you gotta tremendously increase calories, try 250 more at first, after a month, if you don't start seeing any results, just go up by 50 or 100, whatever you feel comfortable with. That's what I'm gonna do once my stomach and moobs start flattening out really good.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I wants to start bulking..

how do i start it? will my weight increase?

You want to start something when you don't even know what it is?
  • sandhusaab16
    sandhusaab16 Posts: 112
    Options
    Well i didnt even knew how to weight loss..but i did :)

there is always first time,..anyways thank you that was one of the most motivational help!! x.x
  • sandhusaab16
    sandhusaab16 Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm probably not the best person on this to give advice, since I'm still trying to lose weight, by what I interpret from bulking is, what ever your daily calorie intake is to maintain weight, just eat over by about 250 calories, and start lifting heavy weights, where you get exhausted and tired between 8-12 reps. so by just going over a small amount of calories, you should gain 1/2 pound of muscle a week if you consistently hit the gym and lift hard (this may not be 100 percent correct, but I know by going in a surplus you will gain weight, but by that little surplus, and all the heavy weights, more than likely it should turn into muscle and not fat. and yes you will gain weight, but it should all be muscle weight, if any fat weight, shouldn't be very much at all. just remember, once you feel comfortable getting to your bulk state, you need to do a cutting phase after). That's advice that was given to me by someone on here a while back on what he done, and it worked good for him. just cause you want to bulk, don't mean you gotta tremendously increase calories, try 250 more at first, after a month, if you don't start seeing any results, just go up by 50 or 100, whatever you feel comfortable with. That's what I'm gonna do once my stomach and moobs start flattening out really good.

Thank you mate that helped :)