Short with chunky legs...

Options
Does anyone have any tips for slimming down your bottom half? I know that spot reducing is not possible, but I am quite short (5'0) and I find it quite difficult to slim down. I find that being so short doesn't show as much progress. My quads and calves are quite muscular.. so is there a way to slim em down..? thanks in advance!:smile:

Replies

• Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I am taller than you, but certainly bottom heavy. Lifting and running has done wonderful things for my lower body. I have also been either in a deficit or in maintenance while doing so, so more of a recomp process. It doesn't look like you have weight to lose, so IMO a solid lifting program combined with proper nutrition will work wonders.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    If you profile pic is what you look like, then you have a distorted image of what "chunky" is.
    You don't really need slimming down.
    As for slimming down legs that are muscular, it doesn't happen unless you stop using them. Meaning no walking, no running, no working out on them ever. Genetics dictates you shape and body type.
    Take what you have an enhance it. Quit comparing yourself to others. Learn to appreciate your body.

In to say that if I was your age and single, I'd make a pass at you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SweatSmileRepeat
    Options
    That's me!!!! It's mostly muscle as well.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    @OP - You are wearing baggy pants in your photo but, even then, your legs do not remotely appear "chunky" or "muscular."

@SweatSmileRep - The same goes for you. Your legs look rather thin in jeans and definitely not "chunky" as they lack the curvature that comes from quad and hamstring development.