promasil protein powder from gnc

Options
lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
what are thoughts on it? I have only ever used pure protein ( which i know is crap) and then vega one and shakeology which are more as a supplement nutritional meal replacements then a protein powder... I really liked the taste of vega one but i needed more protein. I went to GNC today to look at powders and maybe get the popular ( optimum nutrition) and the guy veered me over the this stuff. He has it is really good stuff, and tastes good too. no carbs/ sugar and low cals, etc.... So i decided to try it. I loved the tastes ( got the strawberry) and it was like a very thin smooth milkshake with no after taste,etc... just wondering how many others use it and how it helped you..

Replies

• cccoursey
    cccoursey Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I use the milk chocolate myself. Mixes easier than most brands I have tried. Granted I use a shaker and not a blender. It uses a combination of proteins including whey, goat milk, egg, and casein. It is usually on-sale at the GNC near where I live. In all honesty it is why I tried it. I cannot say that it is any better than anything else. It tastes great with milk or water. Again mixes really well. I have also used it in puddings and a chocolate rum cake. Yes, I mixed alcohol and protein powder.
  • lin7604
    Options
    thx. I went for Optimum nutrition just because it seems to get good reviews.. I am new to this stuff and still learning... this stuff was on sale like you said and it was 45 bucks for 2 lbs. i do think ON was 36 on sale last time i looked so i guess a bit more $$$... I made my first shake and was very impressed, it was so light tasting and smooth. mixed beautifully! i loved the flavor and texture... I just didn't know if it was just as good even if it's a few $$$ more... taste is a HUGE factor for me.... i can't do soy, so that grabbed my eye as well... I get very confused when i mention one like pure protein and all i ever hear is that is crap protein powder, it has filler, etc... so wasn't sure how good this stuff was, even though he recommended it and said he sell a lot of it. As it's low cals and no carbs, sugars, etc...
    i also didn't know what was better, whey or protein blends...
  • lin7604
    Options
    what is the differnce between a blend vs 100% whey... does one do something different then the other?

just looking on the gnc site and they are the same price. 34.99 for 2 lbs. i was looking at promasil, gnc, jay robb and ON....