Under net calories for the week?

And, I am a girl... It's the week before shark week and I have been ravenously hungry today. Will it totally set back my weight loss goals if I eat a little extra today, since I was under every day this week? Not anything junky, such as fast food or anything... I would just kill for a giant bowl of plain Greek yogurt and honey right now!!

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    It's fine. I watch a weekly deficit rather than a daily one because I feel like eating more food some days than others. So long as you are logging accurately and in a deficit, you will lose weight no problem :)
  • It's fine. I watch a weekly deficit rather than a daily one because I feel like eating more food some days than others. So long as you are logging accurately and in a deficit, you will lose weight no problem :)

Awesome!!! I'm still, after using this site on and off for some time, learning new things. Thanks for the reply. :)
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Enjoy your yoghurt :flowerforyou:
  • How do you tell if you're under for the week on MFP? Or are you calculating this yourself?
  • How do you tell if you're under for the week on MFP? Or are you calculating this yourself?

On my phone, I have the app. If you click on your nutrition, there is a weekly option. There is a bar graph that shows the weekly average. I'm unsure if you can do it from the computer, as I almost never get on MFP on the computer. If you have the iPhone app though, you can do all of that. :)
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Go for the yoghurt and enjoy!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    How do you tell if you're under for the week on MFP? Or are you calculating this yourself?

On my phone, I have the app. If you click on your nutrition, there is a weekly option. There is a bar graph that shows the weekly average. I'm unsure if you can do it from the computer, as I almost never get on MFP on the computer. If you have the iPhone app though, you can do all of that. :)

Exactly this! There's actually a setting, I think it defaults to the "week" being a running total of the last seven days, but you can lock down the beginning of the week to a specific day. It really helped me mentally to get a fresh start every _____.

Honestly, earlier this week I was waiting for a coworker to wrap up a conversation with someone else and decided to pull up the website to log a snack. It's like two entirely different tools. First , "recent " items on phone app, as far as I know there used to be a "bug" where this is probably everything I've ever logged. Start typical and the list automatically shrinks down as you type. On the site, I have to scroll through pages of "recent" items to find something. Second major difference was okay, I just want to log 200 calories for a donut. When you search the app, you see the calorie counts and I believe weights for all the results. On the site , I can't click through each of them looking for the best choice? I just closed the website and resumed logging when I got back to my phone. The site does have the "*" (asterisk) beside each entry listed by individuals rather than the official database entry but I could so do without this! And if you hang in there for a couple days/weeks there's yet another improvement or enhancement released for the app

Exactly this! There's actually a setting, I think it defaults to the "week" being a running total of the last seven days, but you can lock down the beginning of the week to a specific day. It really helped me mentally to get a fresh start every _____.

Honestly, earlier this week I was waiting for a coworker to wrap up a conversation with someone else and decided to pull up the website to log a snack. It's like two entirely different tools. First , "recent " items on phone app, as far as I know there used to be a "bug" where this is probably everything I've ever logged. Start typical and the list automatically shrinks down as you type. On the site, I have to scroll through pages of "recent" items to find something. Second major difference was okay, I just want to log 200 calories for a donut. When you search the app, you see the calorie counts and I believe weights for all the results. On the site , I can't click through each of them looking for the best choice? I just closed the website and resumed logging when I got back to my phone. The site does have the "*" (asterisk) beside each entry listed by individuals rather than the official database entry but I could so do without this! And if you hang in there for a couple days/weeks there's yet another improvement or enhancement released for the app

Wow, I'm going to explore the desktop site a little more and see all of the differences for logging and reports and such. I'm so busy, the app is a lifesaver!!! I would hate to have to scroll through a ton of pages every single time to log something I've logged frequently.