Finished W5D3 couch2k5

Options
Sobus76
Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
So today was the day of the infamous week 5 day 3 of the 9 week couch25k program i'm doing using the rundouble app set to distance not timed, for those that dont know, it's a 2 mile run non-stop, yes 2 miles... i've been dreading it for a while like everyone else thats not a runner and does this program, but I FINISHED the 2 mile run today without stopping/taking a break!! and did it running half of it INTO a 25 mph wind! No i didnt set any speed records (2 miles in 24:45 mins 4.9mph pace) but for my size (6'1" 273lbs) running 2 miles non-stop is an amazing feeling and an accomplishment i've never done in my 37yrs on this planet, not even when i thought i ran a lot in highschool football, which by the way as of today i'm down to my highschool football sophmore weight.
Cant wait to finish these next 4 weeks and do the full 5K!

Replies

• aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! What an amazing feeling. Keep it up!
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Epic and inspiring. Post when you do the 5k too!!
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congrats on your achievement so far!
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I love love love couch to 5k and that is the hardest day! CONGRATS! You should be very proud :D
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, looking forward to finishing this plan in 4 weeks, and i'll post my finish. it's a great feeling to hear people today that i know that are in seemingly better shape and much thinner tell me they couldnt do it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!