What's the worse thing you DIDN'T eat pre-MFP

Options
QuietBloom
QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
Mine was protein. And I even ate the bare minimum MFP recommends when I started, because I didn't know how beneficial protein is for satiety and health.

Oh, and ice cream. Just because you jerks are always going on about how great it is. :laugh:

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Potatoes!! Oh, yeah!! Those suckas are 100% responsible for me finally packing a lunch. I love to weigh and nuke one in the morning :smile:
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered waffle taco filled with bacon.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Spinach, would have never occurred to me to put 400g of spinach in a breakfast smoothie.
    Stef.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Ice cream for me too. I mean, I ate it before, but now I try to eat it every night when I can fit it into my macros. In fact, I pre-log the ice cream and plan around it. Winning!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes :-)
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Eggs. And maybe gelato... Verdict is still out on that. But yeah, I never ate eggs before, and now they're almost a daily thing. Yum.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Mine was protein too. I was vegetarian when I started, and my diet must have been 80% carbs.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese! I had no idea what a great snack it is. Back then I'd snack on various processed carb "snack packs" that were totally devoid of protein and nutrition in general.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter by itself. I used to think the stuff was gross: a last resort for when there was no butter or margarine to put on toast. But now I am addicted to eating it with jam on a sandwich :laugh:
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I probably ate enough protein before I started counting calories (since I generally ate way bigger portions of everything), but I ate way too little protein when I started couting.
    At first, I only looked at the calorie count so I didn't notice really, but then I read a lot about working out and such and realized it'd be a good idea to take a look at how much protein I was eating. It was way too little, so for the past couple of weeks I've tried to eat at least 110g of protein every day and it's going pretty well. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat enough protein, but it wasn't a big deal as I wasn't losing weight anyway.

Definitely wasn't eating as much ice cream though. I blame MFP too for that :laugh:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Pre-MFP I had the idea that eggs might possibly be terrible for me, so even though I liked them I ate maybe 3 per week. Now I probably eat 7 or so.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato - greek yoghurt
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered waffle taco filled with bacon.

*Makes mental note*
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I still eat the same stuff I had in the past. Nothing new.

I use MFP to help me manage what I shove down my pie hole.

Im a glutton
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I really didn't eat much protein. And I still don't. Trying. :(
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Salmon & almonds. Hardly ever ate either. Now I eat both up to 4 times a week :heart:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Mine was protein. And I even ate the bare minimum MFP recommends when I started, because I didn't know how beneficial protein is for satiety and health.

Oh, and ice cream. Just because you jerks are always going on about how great it is. :laugh:

I was 90% vegetarian before I joined just because I mainly ate veg and carbs. Nuts for protein. Not near enough protein, though.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Protein for sure.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Enough protein.

I also NEVER ate ice cream or something equally delicious without feeling guilty about it. Now I just fit it in my day and enjoy it.