hormone s and weightloss

Options
Im not loaing weight at all but now that im ovualting im bloated and my jeans are tight. I deal with a lot of hormonla issues since having my tubes tied.. in which doctors think I should take birth control to deal with it.. I hate the medical world sometimes.. always shoving pills down your throat. so does anyone feel like theygain weight dueing ovualtion? Is it normal?

Replies

• wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    If you are taking birth control pills, you actually aren't truly ovulating.

I do find that I retain water during PMS - about a week and a half before I get my period. If you drink lots of water and avoid your sodium during this time, it might help.

Also taking the long view with weight loss will help. it's not if you lose weight in one week that matters. it matters if you lose weight over time. The overall trend should be downward, but one week doesn't indicate if you are doing okay or not.
  • superreal40
    superreal40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well I have never taken birth control.. I already have hormone issues and dont feel like taking aomething that will give me so many bad side effects!!
    Its so frustrating. And it is so hard when I work out 6 days a week and lift heavy and really restrict calories only to not be able to button my pants during ovualtion and about a week after. ; (
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Might want to consider birth control. I'm on birth control and I only retain water during my menstrual cycle. I kind of sustain weight throughout the middle of the month and then once my menstrual cycle ends, about 1-2lbs falls off. This is a trend each month.

But, according to my gynecologist when I first spoke to her about my weight gain before my lifestyle change, most birth control does not make you gain weight (contrary to popular belief), however it does make you more hungry. Also you gotta make sure you are eating some of your exercise calories back as well.

If you are ingesting a lot of sodium, that would be a bigger factor towards feeling bloated. Drink plenty of water as well.
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    yI had to chuckle because I just posted this on my wall this morning. My cycle is 36 days. I have 3 day of ovulation bloat and starvation with hallow legs. The 3 days before my period and after, I retain water and gain around 3-5 lbs of water weight. Then the two weeks before I ovulate, I loose like crazy! It happens every month. So figure I loose around 7 lbs in three weeks, then gain 3-4 back in that week, and then loose another 6-7. So I am still averaging 3-4 lbs lose a month, which is fine with me. Finding this pattern has really helped me not sweat the daily fluctuations in my weight. I battle bloat on a daily basis because of how out of control my hormones are. I feel for you.
  • superreal40
    superreal40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes..my hromones reek havoc... im also one who battles daily bloat. Ever since I have had my tubes tied, I have battles this weight and really bad menstrual cycles and lots of other symptoms. Sometimes I feel out of control. I battle post tubal ligation symptoms all the time.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I sometimes retain more water around ovulation than before TOTM! I can also be moodier!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Yes. I do gain weight. I go up and down by about five pounds every month. When it fluctuates can vary also.