Vegetarian recipe

jesskmc123
jesskmc123 Posts: 2
edited September 22 in Recipes
Does anyone have any good, easy to make vegetarian recipes that don't lack flavor?

Replies

• khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    That's kinda wide open question...right now I have a crock pot cooking of veggie chili. I have a great pizza dough recipe that I load up with veggies (my husband now refuses to order pizza out). I've learned that a lot of cooking is about the spices!
  • 1) Makes 8 crepes

Galettes

1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
    1 1/2 tsp. salt
    1 large egg
    1 tsp. honey

Filling
    1 cup grated low-fat Gruyère cheese
    1 7-oz. log goat cheese, cut into 16 rounds
    1 tsp. cracked black pepper, optional

1. Whisk together flour and salt in large bowl. Beat egg and honey with 2 cups cold water. Using electric mixer, gradually beat egg mixture into flour mixture until batter is smooth. Beat 6 to 10 minutes, or until batter is light and thickened slightly. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 12 to 24 hours.
    2. Preheat oven to 200°F, and place large baking sheet on oven rack. Whisk 1/2 to 1 cup water into chilled galette batter to thin. Lightly grease 9-inch nonstick skillet with canola oil. Heat skillet over medium heat.
    3. When skillet is hot, pour in 1/3 cup batter, lifting and turning pan to swirl batter so it coats bottom of pan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until edges begin to brown and center is dry. Loosen edges of galette, and flip with spatula, then sprinkle with 2 Tbs. grated Gruyère. Cook 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until cheese begins to melt. Fold in half, and place 1 goat cheese round in center. Fold galette in half once more to make fan shape. Place 1 more goat cheese round on top of galette, and transfer to baking sheet in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter and filling ingredients. Sprinkle each galette with cracked black pepper, if using.

For each one:

Calories 188
    Protein 12g
    Total Fat 8g
    Saturated Fat 5g
    Carbs 17g
    Cholesterol 43mg
    Sodium 574mg
    Fiber 2g
    Sugar 2g

2) Serve this bread salad with a bowl of soup

Serves 2

Panzanella
    1 Tbs. olive oil
    1 7-inch whole-wheat pita, cut into 8 triangles
    2 cups frozen artichoke hearts
    3/4 cup frozen fava beans or lima beans
    1 1/2 cups frozen peas

Lemon-Mint Dressing
    2 Tbs. olive oil
    2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
    1 Tbs. lemon juice
    2 tsp. grated lemon zest
    1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
    1.Heat olive oil in skillet over high heat. Add pita triangles, and toast 1 minute on each side, or until slightly brown and crisp. Set aside.
    2.Place artichoke hearts in glass dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on high power 4 to 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Drain, and place in bowl. Microwave fava beans in same glass dish on high power, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring halfway through. Drain, and add to artichokes. Microwave peas in same glass dish on high power, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring midway. Drain, and add to artichokes and fava beans.
    3.To make Lemon-Mint Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add Lemon-Mint Dressing and toasted pita triangles to artichoke mixture, and toss to coat. Let stand 5 minutes before serving so pita absorbs flavors.
    Per SERVING:

Calories 472
    Protein 17g
    Total Fat 22.5g
    Saturated Fat 3.5g
    Carbs 57g
    Sodium 365mg
    Fiber 19g
    Sugar 7g

I'm a Lact-Ova-Pesci Vegetarian so I have more ....
This discussion has been closed.