Favorite Thing to do in the summer?

Options

Replies

• _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Hit the beach. There's no place on earth that both soothes me and fills my spirit like the ocean. Plus coconut scented sunscreen and bikinis. So yeah. Win.
  • levs08
    levs08 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hit the beach...but I moved to Colorado 10 years ago, so now its Go Camping!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Work up a sweat doing yard work and then float in the pool.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    See my pic.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    BEACH.

Pack up the esky...go all day...boogie board and splash around and bake and walk and tell my girls off for ogling boys...then ogle the boys myself discreetly...Watch my husbands face when he realizes the teenage boys are ogling our girls ... good times.

Summer has finished here in Oz...at least is officially autumn but no one seems to tell the weather that. Only just starting to turn cool now and we may get rain today! RAIN! Woohooooo!

As a point of reference, in Perth, Western Australia, we just had one of the hottest summers on record, 156 weather records were broken, we had 4 days of rain in 6 months from October to April.... we had a run of maximum temperatures over 40C (104 F) and a day of 44.5C (112 F)... a minimum temp of 29.7C (85.4F) and 15 days over 35C (95F). we were still getting temperatures of 32C to 36C up until last week (90F-97F) despite being in our second month of 'autumn'.

No wonder we drink so much beer...
  • Cudleigh
    Cudleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Lying in my hammock with a new book and some laid back music.
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Doing yardwork (shirtless of course) I find it relaxing..
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Spend as much time as possible outdoors, until it gets ridiculously hot and humid here in Texas, and then I chill out in the house or at the pool!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Tubing down the salt River. :) Or going to Sunsplash.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Anything outside!! Love summer, fairs and carnivals :)
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Swimming, biking, grilling
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    HIDE from the freaking sun.... However... This year I plan to tan. Got to see how dark and toasty I get LOL
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    HIDE from the freaking sun.... However... This year I plan to tan. Got to see how dark and toasty I get LOL

Don't do it! The sun is an evil ball of flame and death, BOB will crispify you and leave you morosely sun-burnt, all the while laughing at your folly.

BOB- Big Orange Ball
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

Don't do it! The sun is an evil ball of flame and death, BOB will crispify you and leave you morosely sun-burnt, all the while laughing at your folly.

BOB- Big Orange Ball
    ♫♪ I'm not afraiiiddddd... ((I'm not afraid)) To take a stand ((to take a staaand)) EVERYBODY ((everybody)) Come take my hand.. ♫♪
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options

BOB- Big Orange Ball
    ♫♪ I'm not afraiiiddddd... ((I'm not afraid)) To take a stand ((to take a staaand)) EVERYBODY ((everybody)) Come take my hand.. ♫♪

This song is getting added to my workout list, Thank you! :D:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • kaylerrz
    kaylerrz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Fishing :)
  • pandagirl813
    pandagirl813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    A BBQ and then swim. :)
  • Beautiful_Pain
    Beautiful_Pain Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Summer here is mostly done indoors, its the time we get our bodies ready for winter fun again!!
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    i live in perpetual summer (at least it seems that way) but i love the beach or bonefires and bbqs........ water parks are nice too
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    oh but i BURN!!! so i gotta use like SPF 9300