Inaccuracy in distribution

Options
Whatsupp !!
I have a problem , actually i don't know if it's a problem ,
I've just started using myfitnesspal Iphone app two days ago , and when i eat , i don't eat the right percentage of , Carbs , Protein and Fat , i try to eat the equal "percent" ! It divided on this way :
Carbs : 50% >> i eat more , about : 65 %
Fat : 30% i
Protein : 20%
And by the way , i'm trying to bulk up , i'm working out and trying to !

Replies

• Ffitnesss
    Ffitnesss Posts: 13
    Options
    Guys please don't anyone know !!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    So the bottom line is that if you eat at a calorie deficit you will lose weight. It doesn't matter really how the macros are divided up.

However if you are lifting weights and such so that when you lose the weight you will look toned, then you probably want to up your protein. This is to help prevent muscle loss.

I lift 4x a week and try to eat 120g of protein a day which is a lot more than the default MFP recommendation. And while i try to only eat about 45g of fat a day, I fail at that pretty regularly. That said as long as I don't go over my calories for the day and hit my protein goal I feel like it was a good day.
  • cbrewer413
    cbrewer413 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try using this website: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

It is a macro calculator, use it to figure out your macros then you can go to the goal page and manually over ride the MFP settings.

Hope this helps!
  • Ffitnesss
    Options
    Actually i'm trying ti gain weight and my protein goal is 137g daily
    Regardless , my macros are already devided in the MFP app , on saturday i ate 65% carbs , when i should've eaten only 50% ,
    That's what i mean :3!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I don't understand. If you are over on carbs, and low on protein start looking eating more foods that contain protein and cutting back on those higher in carbs. Use your diary to identify areas where you need to improve. If breakfast is mainly carbs, look for other options.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Regardless , my macros are already devided in the MFP app , on saturday i ate 65% carbs , when i should've eaten only 50% ,

Hit your protein, hit your calories, and the rest will most likely take care of itself.
  • Ffitnesss
    Options

Hit your protein, hit your calories, and the rest will most likely take care of itself.
    That's the point i just wanted to know
    Thanks though :D
  • arm121
    arm121 Posts: 1
    Options

That's the point i just wanted to know
    Thanks though :D

thats the beauty of tracking your macros. if you try to be as accurate as possible (weighing food items, logging everything you eat) you will get a very close estimate of your macro consumption for the day and can then make adjustments. For you, if your finding your eating over carbs but under protein you can then figure out ways to reduce the carbs and increase your protein intake (less bread, more chicken for example, salads, etc..)
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    It isn't precise because MFP doesn't calculate net carbs. It counts the fiber in there as well. (Not to mention all the mistakes in the database)