New to MFP

Options
Hello.
I have been using MFP for about a week now and it is very helpful to me. I have lost 12 pounds so far. I usually keep my weight loss attempts to myself because they don't usually work that well. Also, I don't like people looking at what I eat and telling me wheather or not what I'm eating is on my "diet" or not. I'm looking to make a complete change to my lifestyle. I want to loose weight but the main reason is so that I can be healthy. I heard someone say, " You've got to do something you've never done to get something you've never had." So this is the inspiration behind joining this site. I am inspired by some of the stories I have seen, and I am also comfortable because everyone here is trying to do the same thing. I look forward to making friends while I reach my goal!:happy:

Replies

• lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! You've come to the right place for support and encouragement while you undergo a lifestyle change. You don't have to make your food diary public . . . you can keep it to yourself. I haven't opened up mine. I can see when I go over my calorie count or protein or salt. And you're right -- we're all trying to do the same thing here. Friend request is on the way. :smile:
  • EverHopeful
    Options
    Twelve pounds is great, but I know what you mean about not wanting to announce it to the world. Luckily you don't have to share what you want to eat or do eat. The only items is a tracker if you add one to your signature. And then you get congratulations from your friends on how well you've done. If that's not incentive to keep going down, I don't know what it.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for 3 months, starting my 4th. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.