First ten the easiest?

I started MFP three weeks ago, i was doing very well. Lost about 10 pounds in 3 weeks, eating 2100 calories a day at 6'4, 256lbs and being fairly active. This week however i only lost .6 pounds and was kind of disappointed ( not remembering that every week can't be huge losses). But did anyone else have a problem after the first ten pounds? or am i doing something very wrong?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    It's fast at first because you lose a lot of water weight. Then it slows down. Totally normal. It won't be linear, you'll go up and down a lot.
  • ramyad1
    ramyad1 Posts: 16
    The same happened to me. Lost a lot, quickly at the beginning and keeping to the same routine, the process slowed way down.

The body gets fitter and more efficient when exercising so have to expend more energy and eat more wisely to lose more.

I 'm on the last third of a 30kg weight loss and it is getting very difficult to keep up with the body fat reduction, which is what I want.
  • Murph1908
    Murph1908 Posts: 125 Member
    Weight loss isn't linear, even as you get weeks and months into it.

Three weeks ago, I lost nothing, doing what I had been doing for months. In the 2 weeks following, I lost 3 pounds per week. So overall, for the 3 weeks, I averaged 2 per week, like my goal is set. As long as you stick to your plan, you should see the weight average out over the long run to be close to what you set up.

And yeah, that first week is often mostly water.