Tortillas into tortilla chips

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
This may belong in recipes, but I remember someone mentioning that you can cut tortillas into triangles to make your own tortilla chips. Anyone know what the oven settings are for this? Bought a bunch of really good salsa and 3 big packs of whole wheat tortillas!

PS: I'm looking for a recipe which won't involve soaking the chip in oil... like a baked chip.

Replies

• msarro
    Options
    This may belong in recipes, but I remember someone mentioning that you can cut tortillas into triangles to make your own tortilla chips. Anyone know what the oven settings are for this? Bought a bunch of really good salsa and 3 big packs of whole wheat tortillas!

PS: I'm looking for a recipe which won't involve soaking the chip in oil... like a baked chip.
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I pre-heat my oven for 400 degrees. I spray the pan and the tortillas with pam then lightly season with sea salt. I usually cook mine for 10-15 min (oven is real sporadic). I usually use corn tortillas but I'm sure the flour ones will work well. I cook them until light brown and crispy.

My family refuses to eat the store bought ones! :laugh:
  • msarro
    Options
    Awesome, thank you so much! I have big plans for food this week... went shopping and got a ton of good food... this weeks meals will include tofu parm, fish tacos, home made salsa, and a ton of other stuff. So exciting!

It seems strange that now that I'm cooking all of my own food, I'm genuinely getting excited about all of the food I cook.
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    I tried to do chips with the wheat tortillas once, not so good.it could have been just me though:embarassed:
    I do make fake cinnamon twists with them. I cut them up, spray the sheet w/olive oil spray. Spray the tops w/Parkay Spary butter(O cal) and sprinkle cinnamon and splenda on them. My kids LOVE them. If they don't turn out you could make the Black Bean Salsa Salad and put it in them w/your salsa and eat them like a taco:bigsmile: