Trying To Add To My Routine - Help?

Options
Thinking of trying to add a morning workout to my routine, but want to make sure I'm not overdoing it. I already walk an hour every night. and do 4-5 intense classes (or intense dvds) a week. i thought about adding a 30 min morning jog. Is that ok?

Also, how do I work in strength training and weights?

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    As long as you are getting enough nutrition and do not hurt anything, go for anything that you fell you can handle.
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/strength-training/6-round-slimdown-8442

You can do that video it incorporates strength training with cardio. (its also free to watch on your computer)

I also do jump roping on the trampoline, for 30 minutes a day straight, I have bad knees so i can't do it on the ground.
    But I stay nearest to the springs of the trampoline as i can and its basically the same as doing it on the ground without the impact hurting your body. For your weight you probably burn about 386 for jump roping for 30 minutes.
  • Saxophone96
    Options
    Try to do something light, but wakes you up. Maybe a 10 min power walk before work/classes? Since I have to be at school around 8, I try to wake up around 6 and stretch, then take a quick jog around the block
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Try to do something light, but wakes you up. Maybe a 10 min power walk before work/classes? Since I have to be at school around 8, I try to wake up around 6 and stretch, then take a quick jog around the block

that sounds do-able enough. :) well, lol, except the waking up at 6. ouch. (i'm not a morning person, lol)
  • abcollins1355
    Options
    It depends on your goals.
    Personally, i would advise you to cut back on the cardio and add at least 3 days weight training. All in all your workout time (strenght and cardio) really doesnt need to go over an hour and a half a day. More than that and its over training which results in injury and not losing weight.

I would advise a 3 day full body workout with weights with about 30 - 45 mins of cardio 3 - 4 days a week.
    A good place to start is with body weight exercises:

Squats
    Lunges
    Pushups
    Planks
    Tricep Dips
    Handstand Presses
    Chin ups
    Pull ups

Once you can do these, with good form, using just your body weight for 3 sets of 15 reps, then its time to add weights. Learn form first add weights second to avoid injury.

Cardio can be in any form you wish but dont over do it.

Diet wise make sure you are eating at the right cal level and eating enough protein for recovry.