Sugar

Options
I realize that sugar from fruits are not counted. I am always under on calories, carbs, cholesterol, and fat; however, my sugar is always over. Is that going to keep me from loosing weight? I have lost 9 lbs this month so far so I am thinking I am ok. However, would it make me loose more if I limited it to 24g even if I am under daily calories? I am allowed 24g a day and I usually have up to 35, which does not include fresh fruits and veggie sugar. Any advice would be great.

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay under your calories, you will lose. May want to watch your sugar intate as that can lead to other problems if you comsume too much of it.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Total calories count overall. The sugars are used first and fastest if your on a diet or not.

That doesn't mean it instantly turns to fat. it means you body will use sugars first and fastest for fuel, and you will be hungry much faster with sugars than with proteins and fats. That's a harder way to diet.

If I eat carbs and sugars for breakfast, pancakes with syrup, for example, i'm so hungry I can't make it to lunch. I'd get all shakey and low blood sugery feeling. Something more complex that takes longer to digest and for my body to use, like oatmeal or eggs, don't do this.

So I'd be feeling pretty rotten if I had a high sugar low calorie diet. If I can get more in there and still be low calorie, I last a lot better, and feel better, while trying to loose weight.
  • debbiepringle
    debbiepringle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    THanks for you input. I appreciate it.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I just looked at mine out of curiosity and wow I'm way over my sugar limit.

I find that I'm feeling good and not hungry throughout the day though, so I plan to keep it up until that changes.