need to put on weight

Options
hi my name is julie i am 46 and have an eating disorder i live with my parents and they are really worried about me i had a heart to heart with my mum about a week ago and i didnt realise how unhappy i made her feel so we made a pact for me to start eating properly.the only way i can do it is to sit opposite mum at meals and copy everything she eats which is working so far.i feel safe that way.felt myself slipping the last couple of days but she made me realise i was upsetting her again,so hopefully im back on track again but im really worried they go on holiday to italy for 8 days on the 27th may,and i know it will be difficult to keep on track on my own.she said she would write me a diet sheet but that isnt the same as sitting and eating with her.what do i do?

Replies

• schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    first of all well done on trying to get better :) you have to do things for yourself though rather than for someone else. you have to want to be the one that really wants it. take it one day at a time - slip ups will happen but youll get there in the end :D add me if you like.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Good for you for finding something that works? Are you working with a psychiatrist/psychologist/therapist (whatever the right professional is where you live)? If not, this is where you should start. This is too big a burden for your mother too and it sounds like professional help would benefit everyone involved. Good luck.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Is your diary accurate these last days? if yes, and if this is the improved situation, then you need medical help urgently. May ask what is your weight/height?
  • montyjlie
    montyjlie Posts: 2
    Options
    hi .my diary is correct.height is 5ft 3" ,im guessing at weight because i wont have scales in the house too much temptation.i would guess about 7 st
  • fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie just wanted to say that I think it's a great, positive step to have joined this forum and posted on here. It is such a positive place with tons of great advice (and some not so great lol) about being healthy. I hope you find lots of emotional support to help you on your journey.
    The other posters are sensible advising you to get some professional help too but I hope you get the friendly support on here too.
    Sounds like you have taken some very brave first steps in the right direction, I wish you all the very best, I'm sure there will be difficult days among the good days, I guess it will be important not to get sidetracked by the difficult days and overall keep moving forward.
    Wishing you lots of success and happiness :heart:
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Agree with the person who says you're still eating far too little and need professional help. Call your GP, they can help you make an appointment to see a dietician and a counselor.

5 3 and 7 stone is underweight, and you need to be gaining weight. This means that you need to be eating up to your calorie allowance, however you get there. You've got a great array of vegetables but you need some fat and protein foods, which will also take up less volume in your stomach as they are more calorie dense.