MEN: good gift ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Most almost all of these are really great ideas.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    A nice steak and a blow job.

/thread

For some people that's like Monday, Wednesday and Friday ..

What's your point? Find me a guy who would say no to a nice steak and a blow job.

The point? Find a guy who would rather skip that on his birthday and trade it to have it as an all year round thing. You will find tons. Too many couples end up doing those things as a special occasion and yeah I like my gifts to have a little more thought and meaning.

Y'all are hilarious. Y'all are acting like I'm saying either have them on my birthday or during the year. I'm saying the two are not mutually exclusive and that it's still a great birthday gift. But by all means, ask random strangers on the internet what to get your husband - who you should theoretically know better than any of us do - for his birthday. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • _Lovely77_
    Options
    Hunting gear!!
    Oh wait, I'm not a man >.>

Liar!

On topic: You gotta list his hobbies.

Does he play video games? PS4 ftw?

Work out? Weights, gym clothes, new towel, back massager, and a real massage.

Drink? A good high end whiskey.

Handyman? Some new tools, or lowes/home depot gift card.

Like movies? New bluray player with streaming and wifi, New movies, fye gift card.

OK his hobbies

Golfing, but I already got him a traditional golf outfit in his favorite color, argyle vest, argyle socks, golf knickers, the hat, and collared shirt for one of our anniversaries. Then this past father's day I got him new golf gloves and a practice golf swing set. So I think I'm done with the golf thing.

He plays xbox, but I had already did the whole xbox thing

Snowboarding, but summer is coming up and he has tons of gear that he hardly got to use since we lived in west Texas for awhile and he has a go pro he got from his mother for Xmas

Guitar, but also for Christmas and his b day got a brand new guitar and a year worth of lessons

Old fashioned shaving stuff: but I bought him a life time old fashion razor for our last anniversary and had his father buy him the brush and bowl set for Xmas

Movies: but he has thousands already
  • _Lovely77_
    Options

/thread

What's your point? Find me a guy who would say no to a nice steak and a blow job.

The point? Find a guy who would rather skip that on his birthday and trade it to have it as an all year round thing. You will find tons. Too many couples end up doing those things as a special occasion and yeah I like my gifts to have a little more thought and meaning.

Y'all are hilarious. Y'all are acting like I'm saying either have them on my birthday or during the year. I'm saying the two are not mutually exclusive and that it's still a great birthday gift. But by all means, ask random strangers on the internet what to get your husband - who you should theoretically know better than any of us do - for his birthday. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

I what I'm saying is that's a given as it should be done aside from a gift. So calm your self. And I'm asking men as they apply here since men knows better than anyone what a man would likely want. Aside from sex since that drives most men, we women got that part down that one is the easy part. So by all means try and make it a bad thing that as a wife (who knows her husband well and already did buy something for all his hobbies and likes) I would care to even get a man's perspective on this or think to ask when I'm at a loss for what yo do this year for him. I am not asking total strangers advice on my marriage or life but a gift but awesome job at turning this into a you should know your husband better than strangers thing. Rather than what it really is and that's a wife that cares. *slow claps*
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    How about a really tasteful boudoir photo album? An MFP friend of mine had something like that done and her husband loved it.
  • _Lovely77_
    Options
    How about a really tasteful boudoir photo album? An MFP friend of mine had something like that done and her husband loved it.

I can't comment on this because my husband is on mfp lol and well let's just say it's in the works but I want something else too so I'm not empty handed here at all, I just want something he can use.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    A true golfer is never ever done getting new equipment...you can't be one and done on this matter.

Every golfer wants a new driver or putter....I just looooove my Scotty Cameron putter north of $200, but a once in a lifetime gift.

I am going to shop for a driver soon, but I am not up on it - so not rec's.

Does he walk the course? I do and use a Clicgear push cart. Awesome push cart. Google it.

Pro V 1 golf balls ($45/dozen) - really great ball though.

A subscription to Golf Digest magazine
  • _Lovely77_
    Options
    Got the subscription to golf digest. I think I remember him talking about a 62 degree wedge though.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

/thread

Forget the steak. give me Italian food
  • _Lovely77_
    Options
    ^ my hubby would prefer lasagna over steak lol he is Italian
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Boxer Briefs
    Gym socks + dress socks (I think every sock I've ever owned was bought for me by a woman)
    Watch
    A night out to a great restaurant. Or a mini vacation.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    New idea, how about one of those gel memory foam pillows. I love them because I don't have to flip my pillow over all night trying to have the cold side lol.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Got the subscription to golf digest. I think I remember him talking about a 62 degree wedge though.

A gap wedge or lob wedge might be in the works then. So, maybe a gift certificate to his favorite golf shop?

I am not sure of his skill level, but with my 19-handicap, I would love to get a golf lesson where I play 18 with the instructor.
  • _Lovely77_
    Options
    I think I got it everyone. Thank you for your input it was very helpful. Sometimes we just need ideas thrown at us to not be complacent in the same thing over and over. After so many years, holidays, anniversaries, birthdays etc the gifts you already got starts to blurr together and it can be difficult to remember if you already did this or that. I like to be different each time and I always look for things my husband doesn't have already.
  • Alex_PS
    Alex_PS Posts: 1
    Options
    Best gift I ever received was from my husband. He turned our first photo together into a beautiful painting with the help of Painted Souvenirs. I was absolutely thrilled when he gave it to me.