Starbucks?

Options
cnekniher
cnekniher Posts: 71 Member
Other than straight coffee or tea, what are the healthiest cold(or iced) drinks and the healthiest hot drinks?

Replies

• KhatLady
    KhatLady Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Starbucks lists their calorie information right on their site. http://www.starbucks.com/menu/nutrition
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Order it "Skinny" to lower the calories - but everything should be listed on the website given above. I like the skinny caramel machiatto best - hot or cold. Skinny latte is my 2nd choice and when I'm feeling indulgent a skinny frappachino. When I don't want to use any calories I get the Venti shaken ice tea black, unsweetened (add splenda for 0-calorie sweetness).
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    I did nonfat cappuccinos for a long time. If you want something sweet, they have some pretty good sugar free syrup options and there's nothing wrong with a little skim milk. Easy to keep it under 100 calories when you use those guidelines :)
  • puppy1002
    puppy1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    On their website they even have a list of drinks hot and cold that are under 200 calories. Same with food.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    My go to drink is a tall or grande nonfat caramel macchiato. Or a marbled macchiato. Yumms.
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    A tall skinny vanilla or caramel latte is only 100 calories. One of those, or a skinny cinnamon dolce latte are my go-to drinks at Starbucks. A grande skinny cinnamon dolce latte is 140 cals I think, so I would assume a tall is only 100 cals, like the other 2 lattes. But yes, like someone else said, they have their nutrition info listed on their website, and they also provide a list of low-cal drinks, which is how I discovered the vanilla & caramel lattes.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Other than straight coffee or tea, what are the healthiest cold(or iced) drinks and the healthiest hot drinks?
    Depends on your definition of "healthy", and what your goals are. If you are looking to lose weight, go for the low cal options and don't add sugar or syrup.
  • crystalnichle
    crystalnichle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    their refresher drinks arent too bad.. the cool lime is amazing and pretty low calorie.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    it depends on what you mean by healthy?

they have low cal stuff like the litle juice bottles in the fridge.

they have protein boxes and greek yogurt stuff.

they have whole grain options if you need more fiber in your life.

my faves that fit up my macros are:

short nonfat vanilla latte. (when i think i've had enough splenda for the day and want real sugar)

tall skinny vanilla latte (when It's mornign and my headaches can still handle a little splenda.)

blonde roast (when I need extra caffeine)

dark roast (when I need less caffeine)

espresso (when I need that fast afternoon shot of caffeine but don't have time to warm up the sofas.)
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    What do you mean "healthy"?

Anyway, I'm addicted to their Berry Hibiscus Refresher. I think a venti is 100 calories. Maybe 120, don't remember off the top of my head. It's fantastic. The orange one is gross. Tastes like Tang. Blech.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I don't typically go to Starbucks, I prefer Scooter's. But you can shave a lot of calories off of a drink by ordering it skinny (at Scooter's, that means skim milk) and sugar-free for the coffee drinks. I'm not too big on their smoothies, though.