How long will it take me to get to my GW?

Options
Height: 5'2 1/2
Current Weight:138
Goal weight: 115
Caloric intake: 1,200
exercise for 1 hour each day, burning around 500 calories

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    No one can tell you how long. Too many variables. It depends on your total daily energy expenditure (which will vary day to day and month to month), how strict you are with the 1200 calories, whether or not you eat back exercise calories, how accurate you are with your tracking, cheat meals/days, all those things will determine length of time.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It's not a race. Losing face increases the chances you'll just gain it back, if not just end up binging because of such a low net.

Change your goal to 0.5lb a week loss. If you aren't aware, the # that it gives you is the net so you should be eating your exercise calories back.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

ETA: If you are more concerned about body composition, then make sure you are including strength/resistance training into your weekly exercise routine.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    No one can tell you how long. Too many variables. It depends on your total daily energy expenditure (which will vary day to day and month to month), how strict you are with the 1200 calories, whether or not you eat back exercise calories, how accurate you are with your tracking, cheat meals/days, all those things will determine length of time.

My guess would be a year at a .5#/week loss. It really depends on what vismal said.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

I hope you mean 1200 calories net after eating those 500 calories back (ie 1700 calories a day) otherwise you are eating at a huge deficit for someone your size in a way that is liable to harm your health more than help it.
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    This link can be helpful, but try not to get frustrated if your progress deviates from this projection! There are lots of factors that play into this and a computer simply can't keep track of them all.

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=weight+loss