Diet supplement:It Works New You Review?

Options
Hello,
I am looking to lose 30 lbs within in the year. My activity level has been minimal up to this point due to a lot of physical issues. I finally got the surgery this year that I needed to be able to make me more active, this has been a ten year issue. I am now committed to working out 6 days a week as well as eating healthy;however, I would love some natural assistance in a supplement.

I have recently heard about NEW You by It works. I am wondering if you have personally tried it and what your experience was on this product. I have tried almost every diet pill on the market and I do not like the way they make me feel. I have done a lot of research on this product and it looks like it is a great product. If you have tried it what was your experience? Please leave details( weight loss, inches, experience, feeling , etc.

Thank you for your time!

More details about me:

Age 24
Weight 158
Height 5'4

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's a scam.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    The New You pills are great for building muscle,

Must be magic.

shia-labeouf-magic-gif.gif
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    It's a scam.

+1
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    If there were a magic pill to make us all thin, do you really think we'd be here logging our food and exercise every single day?! Hell no, we'd be popping magic pills and eating chocolate instead.

Edit because I fail at proper punctuation. :embarassed:
  • kristinw91
    kristinw91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The New You supplement isn't a diet pill. You may have weight loss results or see lean muscle increase,but it's not a weight loss pill. You have to remember that the results you get will be based on diet (most important), exercise, and then supplements. I'm going to begin using New You because I'm almost 40 and my hormones are out of whack. Depending on your age, you may not see any results from New You. It boosts HGH production for us older ladies. Your pituitary gland may not need the help mine does. I'll let you know the results if you like.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    "Most weight loss occurs because of decreased caloric intake.
    However, evidence shows the only way to maintain weight loss is to be engaged in regular physical activity."
    http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/physical_activity/index.html

If you eat fewer calories than your body needs to run, you will lose weight.
    Most things billed as "weight loss pills" are complete scams.
    There are prescription medicines which help control appetite, but nothing you get OTC will do anything good for you.

That being said, some vitamin supplements have been linked to weight control.

Here's the summary of one study:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16296926
    "Among overweight or obese men and women, long-term use of multivitamins, vitamins B6 and B12, and chromium were significantly associated with lower levels of weight gain."
    And the results appear to be dose-dependent.

Another study:
    http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=1831172&fileId=S0007114507853335
    "Compared with non-consumers, male consumers of vitamin and/or dietary supplements had a lower body weight ... fat mass ... BMI ... and a tendency for greater resting energy expenditure ... In women, the same differences were observed but not to a statistically significant extent ... female supplements consumers had lower disinhibition and hunger scores ... fasting and postprandial appetite ratings were significantly reduced in multivitamin and mineral-supplemented women"
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    The New You supplement isn't a diet pill. You may have weight loss results or see lean muscle increase,but it's not a weight loss pill. You have to remember that the results you get will be based on diet (most important) , exercise, and then supplements.
    In other words, control what you eat & you'll lose weight.
    Just what the CDC says. You don't need to pay money to get that info.

"Most weight loss occurs because of decreased caloric intake.
    However, evidence shows the only way to maintain weight loss is to be engaged in regular physical activity."
    http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/physical_activity/index.html

If you eat fewer calories than your body needs to run, you will lose weight.
  • MarilynTC
    MarilynTC Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It's "It Works" an MLM like Herbalife? And don't most of these supplements have enclosed paperwork explaining that you should eat a balanced diet or modest calories and exercise anyway to actually lose weight (as "promised")?

I couldn't be more convinced it is a scam if Dr. Oz promoted it on his afternoon television quack-fest.
  • NickFurtado322
    NickFurtado322 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ItWorks New you is not a weight loss regiment. It is an all natural vitamin that helps your human growth hormone dis-burst to your muscles, boosts muscle mass and enhances exercise endurance, while helping improve sleep qualities and memory. This product is not magical and is not a scam. It has help 1000's of people gain the muscle mass they have been striving for!
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    ItWorks New you is not a weight loss regiment. It is an all natural vitamin that helps your human growth hormone dis-burst to your muscles, boosts muscle mass and enhances exercise endurance, while helping improve sleep qualities and memory. This product is not magical and is not a scam. It has help 1000's of people gain the muscle mass they have been striving for!

A vitamin boosts muscle mass?? Like, without lifting weights? Man that is some cool theory.

You dont happen to have links to the science behind all of this,do you?
  • NickFurtado322
    NickFurtado322 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    It's a scam.

Only people that have not tried any of the products automatically think that it is a scam. You have to see it to believe anything... Just like if i said right now that i had the iPhone 7, you have to see it to believe it because no company is saying it is out yet.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    It's a scam.

Only people that have not tried any of the products automatically think that it is a scam. You have to see it to believe anything... Just like if i said right now that i had the iPhone 7, you have to see it to believe it because no company is saying it is out yet.

Thats not really an equal comparison.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    It's a scam, and anyone who says otherwise is selling it.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Snake oil. If these products did actually work, it'd be all over the news, there would be science journals backing up these discoveries! It's a great scam. And if you're using this to mess with your hormone balance without the advice of physician? *SMH* If you feel the need to waste your money, please, feel free to send it to me, I'll make sure it gets good use, or even better, donate it to a registered charity!
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this product. However, I do take "thrive" and regardless of what others say I just feel better on the supplement. So do 3 of my friends, I do have 1 friend who thrive hasn't made any difference for. I do not sell the product. But if you are looking for a vitamin/protein/energy supplement it seems to be a good one. Of course, just as others have said you still have to eat under maintenance calories and exercise if your goal is to lose weight. So if you are looking for a supplement to add to your exercise and eating healthy plan from my own experience I would recommend looking into thrive (if you are sensitive to caffeine then I do not recommend it).
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

What does that even mean??

It's a scam.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Despite what one person says and they probably sell it, it's a scam designed to be sold to the gullible who have 0 knowledge on how our body works.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    "
    The only way, really?
    Oh so this is why all disabled people flow out of their wheelchairs!

I guess I should stop my diet then right now.
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This, and essentially anything marketed in this way, is a scam.
    A standard caffeine pill will be as powerful a fat loss supplement or more, and cheaper.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

ice-cream-zombie-funny-gif.gif

Zombie thread! Looks like someone just started selling ItWorks! How's that going for you @NickFurtado322?