Finished my first race

Options
Annadel
Annadel Posts: 146 Member
I did my first 5k officially today. I loved every bit of the whole experience. I am not a runner and never thought I could do this. Somewhere along the line over last year I got into running 3-5 miles few times/week. However nothing prepared me for the amazing experience that I went thru today. I just feel I turned a new leaf in my book.

A friend was registering for her first marathon and that inspired me to sign up for my first race. My goal was to do it under 30 min and when I crossed the finish line I saw 27:55 on the clock. The most amazing feeling ever. I felt so accomplished. This is Nothing compared to the half and full marathoners. For a first time official racer , this felt super awesome. I can only imagine the sense if achievement when they must cross the line.

I am humbled by this experience. The finish line, the supporters along the way and my most incredible husband and 2 kids who woke up so early to come support me.

Thank to MFP from the bottom of my heart. Read many threads to prep myself mentally .

Replies

• Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    That is a great achievement --congrats to you-maybe I will try to do it-I am walking a lot but really think a 5K would be a new milestone-thanks for the inspiration
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, OP! I'm hoping to do this myself sometime this year. :)
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bravo!!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • Annadel
    Annadel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    For those thinking abt it, please register for one. The feeling of pride is such a great motivator. It's no more about dieting, weight loss, working out. It's such a different genre of activity that it will boost your confidence multi folds.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!