Why Can't a Woman Be More Like a Man?

Options

Replies

• TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    "Why can't women be more like a man?"

I don't know, I think it has something to do with a different set of chromosomes and genes. Being from Venus plays a part, too.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    So . . . this isn't a My Fair Lady fan page?

Depends. Did you bring choc'lats?;)

*pops a chocolate in your mouth*

The rain in Spain falls .....

I'm a good girl I am!!

Women are irrational, that's all there is to that! Their heads are full of cotton, hay, and rags. They're nothing but exasperating, irritating, vacillating, calculating, agitating, maddening and infuriating hags!

But but but it's not fair! That's all the op is saying!!!
    And I even washed my 'ands and face before I 'ad the slice of pizza I did!!!
  • kjw0528
    kjw0528 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Apparently I've watched far too many musicals because all I thought of when I read the name of this thread is My Fair Lady and Professor Higgins 'Why Can't a Woman Be More Like a Man?" song.

Why can't a woman be more like a man?
    Men are so honest, so thoroughly square; Eternally noble, historically fair.
    Who, when you win, will always give your back a pat. Why can't a woman be like that?

Me too. I'll be singing all night long now!
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was in for the gifs of My Fair Lady.... :(
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Apparently I've watched far too many musicals because all I thought of when I read the name of this thread is My Fair Lady and Professor Higgins 'Why Can't a Woman Be More Like a Man?" song.

Why can't a woman be more like a man?
    Men are so honest, so thoroughly square; Eternally noble, historically fair.
    Who, when you win, will always give your back a pat. Why can't a woman be like that?

Me too. I'll be singing all night long now!

Me tooooo.
  • jeanstudies
    jeanstudies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA too funny, SunofaBeach14, YOU MADE MY DAY!!! (And it was going pretty darn well beforehand!). Thanks!
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I heard there's a bunch of females eating husbands in here.

Careful, this could be a preying mantis thing

More like a a Black Widow thing, mate with him and then devour him ;)
  • fuzilojak
    fuzilojak Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    For lunch yesterday my 11 year old step daughter (who is a bean pole) ate five tacos, a brownie sandwich and washed it down with two Mt. Dews. I'm 6'2", 349lbs and I had a salad with some diet tea.

I'm constantly amazed at the black hole she has for a stomach.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    On the plus side: at 24%ish BF, I'm considered in the "fitness" level; at 19.5%BF, my husband is considered "average." Sucks to be him. I'm more fat AND more fit!

LOL. Now that is a good point! :)

My husband is less than an inch taller than me and outweighs me by 80 lbs, i.e. more than 50% heavier than I am. His LBM is about 165-170 lbs and mine is a scrawny 94ish. His BF % is a tad lower than mine and I was bummed when I first found that out b/c I had been working so hard to lose weight and he hadn't (and, you know, he weighs 80 lbs more than I do at almost the same height! :P ). But yeah, then I compared the men's chart to the women's chart for BF% and felt better about it. ;)
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Women are irrational, that's all there is to that! Their heads are full of cotton, hay, and rags. They're nothing but exasperating, irritating, vacillating, calculating, agitating, maddening and infuriating hags!

Just you wait, 'Enry 'Iggins, just you wait!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    For lunch yesterday my 11 year old step daughter (who is a bean pole) ate five tacos, a brownie sandwich and washed it down with two Mt. Dews. I'm 6'2", 349lbs and I had a salad with some diet tea.

Ha, yeah, it's amazing how much food growing kids can put away. I have 5y/o twin boys and when DH fed them breakfast on Saturday, the one who is 3'6" and 37 lbs put away SIX pieces of toast AND a bowl of Cheerios and a glass of milk! (I'm like dude, give them some more protein. And fruit. But still. ;)) My blood sugar soars just thinking about eating all those carbs in one meal, let alone having room for that much food in one sitting.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Are not! :bigsmile:
  • fuzilojak
    fuzilojak Posts: 269 Member
    Options

Ha, yeah, it's amazing how much food growing kids can put away. I have 5y/o twin boys and when DH fed them breakfast on Saturday, the one who is 3'6" and 37 lbs put away SIX pieces of toast AND a bowl of Cheerios and a glass of milk! (I'm like dude, give them some more protein. And fruit. But still. ;)) My blood sugar soars just thinking about eating all those carbs in one meal, let alone having room for that much food in one sitting.

I'm the same way when I watch her eat. I'm lucky though because she's a good eater and there's rarely anything she won't eat. She's just started becoming more adventurous with sushi (beyond California Rolls) and will try anything as long as it's not too hot.

Today she had a Bacon Clubhouse Burger and fries from McDonald's and then hit all the sample carts at Costco. At one point she thought she wasn't going to make it but she found a second wind and knocked out the last three carts

If she wasn't so skinny I'd slow her down but so far there's not much going to the hips. lol
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I eat more food than most guys I know. True story.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    If you're eating until you're full and satisfied and staying inside your calories, who cares if it's 2 pieces of pizza or 5?

Saying "why can't women be more like men" so we can gorge ourselves is the attitude that got most of us here in the first place.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

Oh man, I thought I got all the hay outta my hair today (shakes head), nope still had some in there. The rest I have been at one time or another but never all at once :tongue:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Where would the fun be in that if women were like men. Some of us like variety in body parts and stuff. I enjoy men. But, also enjoy women and being a woman.

How much you can eat depends on your body size, activity level, and goals. Also maybe you can eat more.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Meh, when I was in my teens and early twenties I could eat more than many men. I had my buff uncle to learn from. So did my cousins. We were all size thin in our tight *kitten* jeans. We could easily go to a taco stand and order ten tacos and the guy would turn to get them and uncle would stop him "hey, these two haven't ordered yet."

We were very active in our youth. If you want to eat a lot, all you really need to do is have the activity levels to allow that. Get a fitbit or HRM to see what your activity levels are. Then choose workouts that have high cal burns to allow you more cals.

Alternatively, you could plan for events like this pizza day by limiting your cals for days you are going to have things you want to partake of. You could also workout more before, the day of, and the day after. I have people on my FL pulling 1900 cal workouts and 1300 and 1600. Surely that would afford you the slices you want?
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Why do I want to be more like a man? That would be more stress less fun...
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Trust me the urge to binge out is comparatively higher too. I'm sure those men who ate like 2-4 slices actually wanted to eat like 6+ It's quite rare to see a girl pack away an entire large takeout pizza in one go. But an average man with an appetite absolutely can demolish it in a single sitting. With greater calorie limit comes a greater appetite it's not all sunshine and rainbows hehe.

I remember back before I started caring about my body I could demolish an entire curry on a plate of rice and two side dishes on my own. How many of you women could get that much food in before feeling sick? I was just pleasantly full lol.