fitness routine

Options
I need help with a new fitness routine. I have hit a plateau and feel like im stuck and gaining weight.
I was lifting 2 times a week and doing hiit once with 2 days cardio. So I workout 6 days a week. Making day 6 a cardio. I run 3 miles on the treadmil ona 5 incline going about 5.5 an hour. Problem is im always hungry and im not losing but feel so bloated. I crave cereal but it only makes me bloated and thats the uncle sam brand.
Im so devistated although I was 263 about 10 years ago and lost it about 8 years ago, im having trouble budgibg these last 10 pounds. This sucks.
I just switched my routine 2 weeks ago mwf- heavy lifting for 40-55 minutes
tues thurs- treadmill
Saturday -hiit 94 minutes

Iam doing intermentent fasting beacuse eating breakfast makes me hungry the rest of the day. I hvae been lifting for about 2 years now.
Any suggestions

Replies

• paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'd look into your food, if I were you. To sustain that amount of exercise You would need to eat A LOT of calories. Not sure what your calorie level is but make sure you're eating enough. I've heard that those last few pounds are the hardest and that it's best if your calorie deficit is very small to get them off. Good luck!
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Maybe try another brand of cereal.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Broke it up because it was just all over the place.
    I need help with a new fitness routine. I have hit a plateau and feel like im stuck and gaining weight.

What are your calories set to? How long have you been in a stall? Are you still losing inches? Do you know your body fat %? Has that changed any?

What is your height and current weight?
    I was lifting 2 times a week and doing hiit once with 2 days cardio. So I workout 6 days a week. Making day 6 a cardio. I run 3 miles on the treadmil ona 5 incline going about 5.5 an hour. Problem is im always hungry and im not losing but feel so bloated. I crave cereal but it only makes me bloated and thats the uncle sam brand.

So you lift 2x a week.
    Do HIIT once
    And then do an additional 2 days cardio. But then day 6 is cardio so that's really 4 days of cardio (including the HIIT day).

Do you think that are bloated due to water retention from your muscles healing or menstruation? Is it nearing that time?
    Im so devistated although I was 263 about 10 years ago and lost it about 8 years ago, im having trouble budgibg these last 10 pounds. This sucks.

You've lost a lot of weight but because of these last 10lbs things suck? Would you rather be back at your heaviest? Wouldn't that suck more?
    I just switched my routine 2 weeks ago mwf- heavy lifting for 40-55 minutes
    tues thurs- treadmill
    Saturday -hiit 94 minutes

So you switched your routine from what you listed above? So instead of 4 days of cardio, you are doing 3 days of cardio and 3 (instead of 2) days of lifting?

How long ago did you switch it? In general, you should give your body 4-6 weeks to really adjust to any changes in intake and exercise routine.
    Iam doing intermentent fasting beacuse eating breakfast makes me hungry the rest of the day. I hvae been lifting for about 2 years now.
    Any suggestions

Depends on what your response is to the above.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring all of your food?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring all of your food?

Oh and this too^
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Something tells me you are a much better communicator in person. I highly suggest you get an appointment with a trainer. Some gyms have one session for free when you are starting out, just to see if you like it.

LET THEM ask all the questions and answer honestly. Try really hard to remember what they tell you. At the end ask them to tell you what the 3 most important things they told you were, so you can remember them. Don't even bother trying to take notes. Because.
  • superreal40
    superreal40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Im 5'10 158.6
    I use fitness blender for workouts and true Im really glad I dont weigh 263 but no matter how much I lift, ( and I have developed a lot of muscle), I still have cellulite as well.
    this is an example day of food
    Before IF
    bkfst - soaked oats 1/2 cup with berries
    lunch small bowl of salad with a boiled egg and boars head low sodium turkey
    dinner - meat and veggie I made for dinner
    I dont eat potatoes, rice, pasta, bread
    I stay away from carbs

Now that I am IFing
    Noon- apple with real ground up peanut butter
    boiled egg..

I may have a litttle more fruit before dinner.. dinner is salad and whatever meat I have.
    snack - watermelon..

I know its not healthy but I have been craving low sodium natural potatoe chips...