MOOBIES!!!!

maletac
maletac Posts: 767 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
i must say i hate loosing weight... you first start getting loose.. then as a guy you get man boobs (moobies) cause your still in the middle stages of losing weight... its kinda of an ugly you better do this or else youll have moobies FOREVER O_O... anyways i just was curious if anyone else had self image issues at times of losing weight....

btw i dont mean all the time.. im fine most of the time... just when you get one of those good drop in weight weeks its like EEEKK till your body catches up to itself...

Replies

• I have never heard a guy call them moobies! Sorry that made me laugh. Not at you, but at the name :). Just try and concentrate on all your good traits also.
  • aetait
    aetait Posts: 5
    After losing some weight I found the fold over belly was going away, only to find out I have massive purple stretch marks. Looks like getting to wear a bikini next year is out of the question, going to try Mederma, pray for me! And as far as moobies go, My proud D's are becoming sad C's. I didn't think I would have to deal with that til after I had kids too.

Good luck on your journey!
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    yes man, i am noticing the same thing, i have just started to see my weight loss in the mirror but it all looks a little saggy and lose, but hey my clothes fit now so what the hell. keep fighting the good fight!
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    My friends was complaining about his the other day.

The areas that bother me the most are my biceps and tummy. My shoulders and forearms look pretty tones (thank you p90 and all your push-ups) but my biceps have to screw it up with their lingering fat and sagging skin.

And then there's my belly that has been stretched to the max from 2 babies in 2 years. Its smaller but it kind of looks like beat up bread dough. I know these things will take time to fix but it still bugs me.

Best of luck on your journey :)
  • Cheilsea
    Cheilsea Posts: 84 Member
    I can't really relate since I'm a girl but coming from a girls point of view, when a male friend of mine lost a bunch of weight last summer, he had the same thing happen and was too embarrassed to take his shirt off at the beach. With a little encouragement he finally did and his "moobies" were the last thing we were looking at. We were totally zoned in to the fact that he lost so much weight and how much better he looked, with or with out them. I guess to most of us ladies, it doesn't matter much because most guys tone up very fast and it's just not a big deal. So try to focus on the awesome stuff you have accomplished rather than the stuff you still need to work on. You look great. The people who matter don't care about your "moobies" and the ones that care don't matter. You're doing awesome!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    After losing some weight I found the fold over belly was going away, only to find out I have massive purple stretch marks. Looks like getting to wear a bikini next year is out of the question, going to try Mederma, pray for me! And as far as moobies go, My proud D's are becoming sad C's. I didn't think I would have to deal with that til after I had kids too.

Good luck on your journey!

I would kill for C's. I went from already small to moobies...basically meaning I have the size that men have when they have moobies, so wearing anything that requires real boobs is an embarrassing thing for me.

Another thing that I hate is this dark line across my mid section through my belly button. It's where the roll on top meets the roll on bottom...well, lose those rolls and the fold line is there. I don't think it is a stretch mark, but it is still a weird line...

As long as I am wearing smaller clothes, I feel OK. But no matter how small I get in the waist, I will still be uncomfortable in a bikini on the beach because I don't want people looking at that line across the tummy and the fact that I have no chest anymore....
This discussion has been closed.