Just Starting Out in Portland, Oregon

Options
Hi everyone!

I just moved to Portland, Oregon, and finally have settled into my job and apartment. Now I can focus on my health! I am 21 years old and have always been overweight ever since I was a kid. I lost a significant amount of weight when I went on Yaz birth control in high school, but it made me feel and act AWFUL so I stopped after about 2 years and gained all the weight back and more.

I hate to self-diagnose, but I feel that my problem lies in my hormones, because I eat as healthy as can be - mostly veggies and fruits, never processed junk food, and I exercise daily in addition to walking 2 miles to and from work every day.

In the past two weeks, I've been feeling a bit helpless about my weight which has resorted to me overeating which is bad, bad, bad! So I decided to take the plunge and join my favorite gym I'd been putting off due to price and join this forum as a source of support. I'm ready to take this weight-loss journey to the next level!

If anyone is in the Portland area (or is a member of the Diva Den studio!) and wants to meet up sometime, I'm more than excited to do so!

-Kate

Replies

• BillyJan1992
    BillyJan1992 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hey you can add me as a friend if you want
  • jacattack466
    Options
    Kate-

I am currently taking on "personal projects" to better my experience in the training world. I have a BS in Kinesiology and looking to help those who feel lost. I would love to help you. Let me know if you want to meet up and maybe discuss a plan for you. My name is Jaclyn my email is jaclynk33@gmail.com. Would love to help you on this journey. Hope to hear from you :)

Jaclyn