Do you all calculate Candy Or Gum....

Options
2BeHappy2
2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
When you consume candy, no matter 1 or more pieces, do you calculate that?
What about gum?
I haven't been (not much of a candy person, although I do like a nice breath savor or tic tac once in a while).
Should I be calculating things like that?

Replies

• Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Honestly I'm not really into gum and sugary stuff isn't my weakness (Fatty stuff is).

For tic tacs and breath savors, I personally don't bother. There is so much variability in calorie intake and expenditure that it'd be on the same scale as a rounding error.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm on a low carb diet...and was simply amazed how much Bubble Yum had in carbs/calories. I chew a couple pieces during my two workouts each day. So I switched over to Extra Wrigleys about 1/4 the calories. May not sound like much, but it adds up. And frankly, I'd rather spend my "allowance" on things like choc milk!:wink:
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    Yes, I'm on a low carb diet...and was simply amazed how much Bubble Yum had in carbs/calories. I chew a couple pieces during my two workouts each day. So I switched over to Extra Wrigleys about 1/4 the calories. May not sound like much, but it adds up. And frankly, I'd rather spend my "allowance" on things like choc milk!:wink:

Yeah, I hear you there but for me, I'd rather eat my calories than drink them :tongue:
    I like the feeling of substance in my stomach, I can drink down a glass of liquids faster than I can chew.
    Like you, I'd rather enjoy something I really Love than something I just "like" and I would rather chew on gum because it lasts longer (for me) than even having a tic tac.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I do log everything I graze on or taste. I even log the sugar-free sweetener in my tea. I'll log an olive if I eat one. The only thing I don't log are my vitamins and fish oil. I'm not sure why. lol
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    I do log everything I graze on or taste. I even log the sugar-free sweetener in my tea. I'll log an olive if I eat one. The only thing I don't log are my vitamins and fish oil. I'm not sure why. lol

Yeah, I was just talking to my husband earlier today saying how I'd logged my 1/2 pickle spear (zero cal), but it didn't occur to me that I hadn't been for the propel.
    I guess because I think of it as water and I only use it when I have to take meds (helps to take the "medicine" taste away)...go figure!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Yes. I log all of my gum. I also log my coffee. I log coffee shots. Everything that goes into my system gets logged.
  • bbracken77
    bbracken77 Posts: 65
    Options
    Jf i eat candy i do log in. the gym i don't cause it's only 3 calories.
  • rwilliamhansen
    Options
    I've been logging all the little sweets I take in, no matter how minute. For me it gets out of hand if I don't keep track.
    I'm a sucker for bubble gum, and that stuff really adds up.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I even record Tums. 15 calories in 2 of them! lol.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Candy - log
    Gum - I used to log it, but I stopped this year. I only chew 3 pieces (7.5 calories).
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I don't chew gum, so no issues there.

I try to log all my candy, but I've been slacking a bit there. I bought a bag of jelly beans, and those suckers are way too easy to just grab a couple and convince myself it's just a couple calories. But those add up when I grab a couple every time I walk by. The easiest thing for me to do is just not buy candy that can be easily grabbed. Instead, I prefer candy bars, ice cream, etc that is more easily logged.