Would you ever buy a bikini...

Options
2»

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I have considered buying one for progress pictures, even though I am almost certain I would never wear one in public. Just not me, regardless of my size. I would get one a cheap as I could though. Just haven't got around to it yet, but I don't think it's silly at all.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I actually bought a string bikini. I wear it in my backyard only! Not brave enough to wear it at the beach. Im very self conscious of my stretch marks. I will wear it in my pool I dont care what my neighbors think. For the beach I have a tankini halter top. So to answer your question yes why not!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I've been the leader of the "I will NEVER wear a bikini" camp for many, many, MANY years.
    Lately though, I've been looking in the mirror thinking that it may be possible in the distant future.

I weighed 230+ at my heaviest (while pregnant), then bounced back up to 222 after having my youngest. Both of my children were almost 10 pound babies, so I wasn't small.

My belly did look like it was melting, things seemed to be dragging down and my belly button looked more like a frown than a belly button. It's getting better with time!

I do know that I need to lose a lot more fat, so with that will come the saggy skin that I think I see. I have every intention on getting back into strength training, so things can only look better :wink:

Buy the bikini, wear it lots, get comfortable at home. Wear it in the back yard. Maybe some day you'll feel great enough to wear it in public!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If you want to do it, do it! I won't do it, because my stomach is a disaster zone, and I don't like wasting money, lol.
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Buy the bikini, I am going to as well :smile: I actually do have a goal to wear one again! I may even where teh top with surf shorts this summer but by next summer I want to actually be on the beach in a bikini! It will be just about the bravest thing I have ever done! You could always buy a bikini that you can mix and match and buy a tankini too so you can wear it with the bottoms on the beach/at the pool :wink:

Heyyyyy, that's actually a good idea! :) Thanks. :)
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    I actually bought a string bikini. I wear it in my backyard only! Not brave enough to wear it at the beach. Im very self conscious of my stretch marks. I will wear it in my pool I dont care what my neighbors think. For the beach I have a tankini halter top. So to answer your question yes why not!

My stretch marks is pretty much why I figured when I get to my goal I will not be able to wear a bikini, but someone else also mentioned a tankini, so that's definitely a good idea! Unfortunately my backyard is wide open to 3 other houses by the layout, so I doubt I would even wear it there, lol, but I like the idea for a progress pic so much and got such great comments back that no one else thinks its stupid, lol, so I've actually started looking at some online today and will probably pick one up this weekend. :)
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    I've been the leader of the "I will NEVER wear a bikini" camp for many, many, MANY years.
    Lately though, I've been looking in the mirror thinking that it may be possible in the distant future.

I weighed 230+ at my heaviest (while pregnant), then bounced back up to 222 after having my youngest. Both of my children were almost 10 pound babies, so I wasn't small.

My belly did look like it was melting, things seemed to be dragging down and my belly button looked more like a frown than a belly button. It's getting better with time!

I do know that I need to lose a lot more fat, so with that will come the saggy skin that I think I see. I have every intention on getting back into strength training, so things can only look better :wink:

Buy the bikini, wear it lots, get comfortable at home. Wear it in the back yard. Maybe some day you'll feel great enough to wear it in public!

:)
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    If you want to do it, do it! I won't do it, because my stomach is a disaster zone, and I don't like wasting money, lol.

lol yeah its part of why I'm going back and forth about it, but only part of the reason. My fiance would see me in it at some point, so it wouldn't go completely unseen lol. maybe.... haha
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    most of my progress shots (like in my profile pic) you can't see much after that weight because its all hidden under baggy clothes, most of my clothes were baggy to begin with before weight loss, lol.

Ummm, yeah you can definitely see it! Own that!
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    At some point in the future, you may be surprised to find that you actually feel ok with wearing a bikini in public. I know it feels weird now, but just you wait! You look great and have obviously made a lot of progress, but you're going to continue getting in better shape and you may not mind showing off all that hard work! Btw, don't even think twice about those stretch marks. So many of us have them! They're really no big deal :)
  • Hazelnut79
    Hazelnut79 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Do it, if just for progress pics! I took mine in my underwear and when I shared them, I wished I would have worn a bikini.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    It's not a stupid idea. I think it is a fine idea. I buy lingerie to wear at home and not in public. That's the same idea. It's ok to buy an article of clothing for photos, or for an at home purpose, or for any reason that makes you happy. Progress photos are a great reason to buy a bikini. The only thing is that when you lose, you may need a smaller one. You can buy it at sale time at a thrifty store.

Agree. Buy the bikini & enjoy seeing your progress. I bet you get to the point that you will wear one in public. With all that confidence being in one you're going to gain along the way. :wink: