Wii: Just Dance game - Reviews/Thoughts?

Options
The Just Dance 2 (and 1) game that's out looks sooooo fun to me! I love to dance and would love to find something that keeps my interest. Has anyone tried it?

Worth the money?

Maybe good way to put some fun in exercise now and then when the weather isn't so great?

Replies

• caribeals
    caribeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I bought the Just Dance 2 and I LOVE IT!! :) there is an option on it called "just sweat" that gives you a goal for the day and week of how many 'sweat points' you want to score for the week. I did the intense program, where you have to burn 2000 sweat points a day, 14000 for the week. Definately works up a sweat!! I actually have both dance 1 and 2, and I think just Dance 2 is a lot better. There are twice as many songs, and a bigger variety of music. My kids love it also. They dance beside me and thinks its hilarious to see mommy shaking her tush! lol Totally, in my opinion, worth the $40.00 :) hope this helps!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I have the 1 and love it. But we are selling it to buy the JD 2. We have played the 1 so much we know the moves by heart. I hope the 2 is just as good. It would be cool if you could download new songs to it. Really makes you sweat.
  • cbustudent1
    Options
    We borrowed it from a friend before deciding to buy it, but it is definitly worth the money. It gets you moving and works your muscles. I tried it Friday night and went to work Saturday confused about why I was sore. Then I remembered what a workout I got!
  • caribeals
    caribeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have the 1 and love it. But we are selling it to buy the JD 2. We have played the 1 so much we know the moves by heart. I hope the 2 is just as good. It would be cool if you could download new songs to it. Really makes you sweat.

with the new Just Dance 2 you can download new songs! :) you have to have wi-fi (i think) and then you can download a bunch of new songs (there is 42 on the game and another 15 or so that you can download). the musical range on 2 is awesome. there is everything from ke$ha, jackson 5, meringue music, bollywood.... i love it!! :)
  • dekbear
    Options
    How uncanny! I was just in the local store checking out these Wii things. What about the exercing ones, are they any good? Has any one tried those ones? I am thinking about getting it all for Christmas. It all looks fun, for sure.
  • ckmama
    Options

with the new Just Dance 2 you can download new songs! :) you have to have wi-fi (i think) and then you can download a bunch of new songs (there is 42 on the game and another 15 or so that you can download). the musical range on 2 is awesome. there is everything from ke$ha, jackson 5, meringue music, bollywood.... i love it!! :)

I have wireless internet, I just need to figure out how to use it with the Wii, my husband will be so happy. He doesn't play the game, but he has always commented on how you should be able to update it with new songs.
  • ckmama
    Options
    So I traded in the JD 1 last night and got $12 toward the purchase of the new one. I only looked at it for a couple of minutes but my little boy played it for an hour before I had to make him stop so he could go to bed.

Love some of the new songs on it.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options

I have wireless internet, I just need to figure out how to use it with the Wii, my husband will be so happy. He doesn't play the game, but he has always commented on how you should be able to update it with new songs.

Go into wii settings...then arrow right to system settings 2 or internet options!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I wore my hrm when playing JD 1 and I burned just as many cals in an hour playing that as I do in an hour of zumba. I really want JD 2 but need to wait till I can get it on sale or something. (yeah, won't happen any time soon)
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Waaaaaaaaay worth it!! SO much fun!! I love how you can name yourself on there now :) The sweat mode is interesting, if it's suppose to be a calorie counter, I'm sure it's inaccurate, but the game is so much fun!! I love how this one let's you dance with a partner on some songs, good times!! I can't wait to hold a Wii Dance Party now :)
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I have JD 1 and love it! I love the music on there and it is so much fun to play. It really works up a sweat!

I can't wait to try #2.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I just got a wii and Just Dance to change up my Leslie Sansone dvds now that it's getting darker earlier and getting colder (I love ya, Leslie. You've been very good to me but there are only so many years I can do the same 5 walking moves without needing a change). I had some time to play around with it last night to see how many calories I'd burn and it wasn't *that* much of a calorie burner for me (admittedly, I'm VERY uncoordinated and couldn't get the feet movement down at the same time as the arm movements...and sometimes not even the arm movements!) but I did learn that I *really* like playing air guitar (on Lump)!

Calorie burner or not, Just Dance is a lot of fun. :smile: