what's my problem?

Options
2»

Replies

• spara0038
    spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I dont record my eating. I usually have about 5 -6 slices of reduced fat wholemeal bread...

I don't know about anyone else, but if I ate 5-6 slices of any kind of bread in a day, I'd be so bloated it wouldn't even be funny. Also, reduced fat does not equal reduced calories, so you could be eating as much as 600-900 cal/day in bread. (or maybe more- again, you'd have to weigh it)

Cutting your eating does NOT mean cutting your calories. For lunch today I'll be having a huge garden salad, and the whole salad including dressing will be less than 200 calories. Eating HALF a quarter pounder would put me at more calories than that. WHAT you eat plays a huge role in it

1. Log everything you consume (food, drink, condiments, etc)
    2. Eat a balanced diet (do you eat veggies, fruit, beans, etc?)
    3. Watch your macros (protein/carb/fat)
    4. Watch your sodium intake
    5. Drink enough water
  • tummimi
    tummimi Posts: 9
    Options
    1 slice is about 88 cals. 2 slices each meal with vegetable and scamble egg. I spend most of my time at school so i dont have many choice :(
  • tummimi
    tummimi Posts: 9
    Options
    If you don't record your calories, you have no way of knowing how much you're truly eating.
    I will start recording my my calories But I know i only eat more than 1500 occasionally

I didn't always keep track of my calorie intake on here for the past months and I complained that I was not losing any weight, but I was working out consistently. Now when I think about it, I must have not been at a deficit if I did not lose any weight. Now that I have come to terms with myself not being right about it and just guessing, I am weighing and measuring everything. Give it a try for 2 weeks to a month and hopefully you will see results. Good luck :)
    Thanks :) not losing weight is not my problem my problem is i eat much less and go to the gym and i actually gain 3 kg. I would not be so frustrated if my weight stay the same.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    So, the advice appears to be that you need to track your eating, find out how many calories you are eating and then eat fewer.
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    If you're gaining weight, you're eating too many calories. Period.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    If you don't record your calories, you have no way of knowing how much you're truly eating.
    I will start recording my my calories But I know i only eat more than 1500 occasionally

I didn't always keep track of my calorie intake on here for the past months and I complained that I was not losing any weight, but I was working out consistently. Now when I think about it, I must have not been at a deficit if I did not lose any weight. Now that I have come to terms with myself not being right about it and just guessing, I am weighing and measuring everything. Give it a try for 2 weeks to a month and hopefully you will see results. Good luck :)
    Thanks :) not losing weight is not my problem my problem is i eat much less and go to the gym and i actually gain 3 kg. I would not be so frustrated if my weight stay the same.

No problem. What I was saying though is to make sure you account for EVERY calorie going into your mouth. Losing weight must be a problem if you gained weight. I gained 10 lbs when I though that I was eating sensibly, cutting calories and busting my *kitten* at the gym or with insanity. Point is if I gained and if you gained that means we were not eating at a deficit or at maintenance. We were eating at a surplus. The only way to know for sure is by tracking calories. That is why we are on MFP. Track your calories. You are eating much more than you think.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I dont record my eating.

Here is your problem.