WHOOO HOOO - Made first mini-goal

Options
Hi everyone.

I joined MFP on August 3, 2010 and my first goal was to lose 20 lbs by Thanksgiving, which was 16 weeks away. I thought that was an average of a little over a pound a week and that was doable.

Well, as of today I have lost 20 lbs - 5 weeks ahead of schedule. YAY ME!!. And you know what? I haven't starved myself, I haven't suffered from chocolate withdrawal, I haven't fell off the treadmill or passed out on the ellipical. It is such an empowering thing when you take control over your health and do something about what is making you miserable, physically and emotionally.

It's all about making the right choices. If you make the right choices, you can't help but succeed!!!

Thanks.

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    great job...now readjust your goals and keep on trucking down down down baby....
  • vette49
    vette49 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!:flowerforyou:
  • trgobble
    trgobble Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic! Way to go!
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    it's a great feeling, isn't it?

Congratulations!
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work! Isn't it just awesome to see that work paying off! For me it has been so motivation to see that this great habit I've formed of exercising everyday and of just counting calories and making some better choices has resulted in some major weight loss! Keep working at it and I'm sure you'll be at your goal before you know it!
  • MelodiV2010
    Options
    Congratulations on your accomplishment!! Keep it up!
  • crosedonahue
    crosedonahue Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wooo hooooo is right! I hit 10 pounds this week :) My goal is to be 5 pounds lighter by Thankgiving! Definately able to do that! Thanks for your inpsiration!
  • ItsJustVicki
    Options
    WooHoo!! That's great :flowerforyou:
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Congratulations that is awesome.
  • Keisha604
    Keisha604 Posts: 126
    Options
    that's awesome! i hope someday i can say the same! reaching a goal is so inspiring. =)
    keep it up!
  • PuppyBandit
    Options
    way to go :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!