Any farmer's wives out there?

Options
H_82
H_82 Posts: 418 Member
I try to change the guys' lunch up a bit now & then (burger or sub vs just a regular sandwich)....So I'm just looking for some more ideas of yummy food that can be eaten while driving tractor & combine. Thanks!

Replies

• funnygirl0940
    Options
    I'm not a farmer but I lived in Kansas! :D

If you marinade some boneless chicken, pork loin and grill it ahead of time to slice on some whole wheat bread, whole wheat flour tortillas as wraps, or whole wheat pitas....avocado & plain unsweetened yogurt can be used in place of mayo. Load w/cucumbers, tomatoes, green leafy lettuce, alfalfa sprouts some fresh cheese like feta or goat. Load them up w/bananas, apples, veggie sticks. This is very filling and really good for you!!!
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    Don't forget to load them up with some green tea, hot or cold..if they need sweet tea...add local raw honey...it'll boost their immune system. Happy farmer=happy wife!!!
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Beerocks! I'm not a fan of the traditional kind with cabbage, but some cooked meat and veggies, inside a biscuit or roll, so yummy and automatic portion control. Or a burrito or wrap of some kind, as long as it doesn't have something like eggs that need to be kept hot.