Clean Eating...

Options
KelGen02
KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
My sister recently became and Arbonne consultant and has talked me into doing the 30 days to Feeling Fit program. "Clean Eating". She has had some amazing results with this product... has anyone else done this program before and care to share results, likes, dislikes?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Buzz words: Consultant, Clean eating, Product.

I don't like it.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Diet composition has very little to do with weight loss.

http://i.imgur.com/AQhBq1Z.jpg

http://videocast.nih.gov/summary.asp?live=2993&bhcp=20

If "clean eating" involves eating less calorie dense foods, it may make it easier to stick to a diet, but there is nothing magical about the food composition.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Before the train wreck that this will turn into occurs.. ..

Basically, clean eating is just eating whole raw foods and making things your self at home. Arbonne didn't "invent" it. its' never bad to cut out food that do not reach your definition of healthy or do not help you reach your goals. Clean eating is making the stuffed peppers at home, instead of buying the Stouffers stuffed peppers and heating them up. I love eating this way. I love how my food tastes. I just had a weekend where I drank a lot of protein shakes (core power to be exact ICK!) and a bunch of protein bars because that's what was offered and I was starving and I can't wait to get back to my homemade stuff. I ate them out of necessity.

Is there some sort of pill or something she is wanting you to take?? That may not be a such a great idea. It's better to eat healthy and control your portions then it is to let a pill mess with your appetite. Plus.. what will happen if you stop taking it?
  • KelGen02
    Options

Basically, clean eating is just eating whole raw foods and making things your self at home. Arbonne didn't "invent" it. its' never bad to cut out food that do not reach your definition of healthy or do not help you reach your goals. Clean eating is making the stuffed peppers at home, instead of buying the Stouffers stuffed peppers and heating them up. I love eating this way. I love how my food tastes. I just had a weekend where I drank a lot of protein shakes (core power to be exact ICK!) and a bunch of protein bars because that's what was offered and I was starving and I can't wait to get back to my homemade stuff. I ate them out of necessity.

Is there some sort of pill or something she is wanting you to take?? That may not be a such a great idea. It's better to eat healthy and control your portions then it is to let a pill mess with your appetite. Plus.. what will happen if you stop taking it?

No pills... I wouldn't take any pills... It's pretty much what you said, clean foods, no processed foods, no gluten, no soy, or farm raised meats/fish. It does have all natural protein shakes and fit chews?? It's a 28 day detox from processed foods, sugar, dairy, gluten. We shall see! Thanks for responding!
  • KelGen02
    Options

LMAO... I opened this at work speakers full blown... Thanks I needed that today!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    No pills... I wouldn't take any pills... It's pretty much what you said, clean foods, no processed foods, no gluten, no soy, or farm raised meats/fish. It does have all natural protein shakes and fit chews?? It's a 28 day detox from processed foods, sugar, dairy, gluten. We shall see! Thanks for responding!
    Hate to tell you that these are "processed". Truthfully there isn't such a thing as "detoxing" either. The human body is so good at adaptability, which is why we've been surviving for the short time we've been on Earth.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

You don't need to detox from anything, your body does a wonderful job of cleaning your system.

This is a fad diet, that probably won't work. Weightloss takes more then 28/30 days.

We didn't get our excess weight from 1 month of bad choices, we worked long and hard for our soft bodies.
    Time to work long and hard for a harder body.
  • shauntelang
    Options
    We didn't get our excess weight from 1 month of bad choices, we worked long and hard for our soft bodies.
    Time to work long and hard for a harder body.

^^^THIS
  • Commited2BFit
    Options
    I don't know details about this "product" or anything but I've never been a fan of magic pills or potions. I am a firm believer in clean eating which just means all healthy fats, low carlorie, and organic foods when possible. I actually went vegan and ate a whole plant-based diet for about 6 months or so and I've never felt better. (I've since slightly fallen off that wagon becuase I will admit that it is difficult, but I'm figuring out a happy medium balance.) Weight loss and health is 80% because of what you eat. I have been a beachbody coach for a while now and I do like things like Shakeology but even they call it a meal replacement shake and I'm not a fan of that either. It's good for you but you also really need food in my opinion. I treat Shakeology like somewhat of a vitamin. I would suggest that you check that out if you're wanting something to aid in your weightloss. Contact me if you have any questions =)

Lindsey
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options

I looked up the diet..

It would be ok except for all the fit chews adn only eating 1 real meal per day.. what is a fit chew anyway? It says they help control hunger.. so what.. You have to take them forever?

The "healthy food" suggestions are good ones.

This is what bothers me the most though

Q What other foods can i eat outside of the
    Arbonne essentials products?

A: We outline the daily Meal Plan on page 6 of this guide,
    but we encourage eating other healthy food options
    (examples on page 7) in between meals. Make sure to
    eat one healthy meal daily

It's not really good to drink your meals. 1 perhaps at most.. but 2 a day? That will lead to over eating esp if you stop taking the chews that "help control appetite". Appetite suppressants may work, but if you stop taking them what do you think will happen? When I have a protein shake I usually have food with it or within an hour or two of it. Not a chew to help diminish my "i'm hungry" feeling.

I am all for drinking tea. I think it has great qualities benefits. I drink tea regularly. Green tea will do the same thing as the tea with the Arbonne branding.

You can kick the sugar habit without replacing it with other things. I do it all the time.

You will most likely lose weigh ton this programs. Looking t the "diet plan" it has you eating low calories. You will lose because you will be eating less calories then you are burning. The best way to do this though, is to learn to eat the right foods in the right proportions without relying on chews or other supplements.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I don't know details about this "product" or anything but I've never been a fan of magic pills or potions. I am a firm believer in clean eating which just means all healthy fats, low carlorie, and organic foods when possible. I actually went vegan and ate a whole plant-based diet for about 6 months or so and I've never felt better. (I've since slightly fallen off that wagon becuase I will admit that it is difficult, but I'm figuring out a happy medium balance.) Weight loss and health is 80% because of what you eat. I have been a beachbody coach for a while now and I do like things like Shakeology but even they call it a meal replacement shake and I'm not a fan of that either. It's good for you but you also really need food in my opinion. I treat Shakeology like somewhat of a vitamin. I would suggest that you check that out if you're wanting something to aid in your weightloss. Contact me if you have any questions =)

Lindsey

Don't contact her.....she just wants your moneys!
  • KelGen02
    Options

I looked up the diet..

It would be ok except for all the fit chews adn only eating 1 real meal per day.. what is a fit chew anyway? It says they help control hunger.. so what.. You have to take them forever?

It's not really good to drink your meals. 1 perhaps at most.. but 2 a day? That will lead to over eating esp if you stop taking the chews that "help control appetite". Appetite suppressants may work, but if you stop taking them what do you think will happen? When I have a protein shake I usually have food with it or within an hour or two of it. Not a chew to help diminish my "i'm hungry" feeling.

I am all for drinking tea. I think it has great qualities benefits. I drink tea regularly. Green tea will do the same thing as the tea with the Arbonne branding.

You can kick the sugar habit without replacing it with other things. I do it all the time.

You will most likely lose weigh ton this programs. Looking t the "diet plan" it has you eating low calories. You will lose because you will be eating less calories then you are burning. The best way to do this though, is to learn to eat the right foods in the right proportions without relying on chews or other supplements.

Thank you... you took some time to look into this. I also put into the MFP macro the meal plan for day 1 and I am way under calories, which I think I will end up putting my body in starvation mode and Holy Sodium on their products. It's more sodium than I would normally eat in a day. My sister has been doing this program for 2 months now and swears by it and she has lost weight where she hasn't been able to in the past but I don't think I will be doing any more than the 28 day plan. (only because I have already paid for it and it was pretty expensive so I better do it! lol)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options

I looked up the diet..

Thank you... you took some time to look into this. I also put into the MFP macro the meal plan for day 1 and I am way under calories, which I think I will end up putting my body in starvation mode and Holy Sodium on their products. It's more sodium than I would normally eat in a day. My sister has been doing this program for 2 months now and swears by it and she has lost weight where she hasn't been able to in the past but I don't think I will be doing any more than the 28 day plan. (only because I have already paid for it and it was pretty expensive so I better do it! lol)

Honestly, if your sister couldn't lose weight before, then she was eating too much. Period. I don't recommend this, but you can eat nothing but Twinkies day in and day out and if you are eating less calories then you are burning you will lose weight. That does not make it healthy or good for you. It's so easy to over eat. Eyeballing food is the biggest culprit. It's also very easy to eat more then you remember eating. Like did I eat 2 or 3 cookies.. oh i'll track 3 just in case (in reality you ate 5). I know i'm still guilty of that occasionally. I can't remember for the life of me what i ate this past weekend. I wasn't home and wasn't near computer access. So no logging and now it would all be meaningless as it would all be guessing. That's why i recommend pre-logging or writing down what you are eating prior to eating it.

If you're going to do the plan anyway, I'd modify it to eating at least 2 healthy meals per day comprised of real foods. The protein shakes recipes themselves don't seem bad, if you like the taste of the powders they recommend you put into it. Drinking my meals usually leaves me feeling unsatisfied, even if I feel full. Real food is just more satisfying. And make sure you eat enough calories.
  • Commited2BFit
    Options
    false lol
  • Commited2BFit
    Options

Lindsey

Ops I posted wrong...I meant this was "false lol" I could care less about making money I just like the stuff. =)
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

Lindsey

Ops I posted wrong...I meant this was "false lol" I could care less about making money I just like the stuff. =)

So you're giving it away at cost then?
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options

Lindsey

Yo dawg, we heard you posted about a pyramid scheme, so we responded to your questions about a pyramid scheme by proposing you sub that pyramid scheme with another pyramid scheme.