Am I eating too much peanut butter?

Options
Today for breakfast I had a cup of raisin bran cereal with sliced banana, and I put about a tablespoon of peanut butter on the banana in the cereal. For lunch I have a turkey sandwich on whole wheat, vanilla chobani 100, and a banana(and I brought about 2 tbs of peanut butter to dip the banana slices in. That's around 3 tablespoons. I may even have more as a snack. Am I eating to much peanut butter? I'm trying to lose weight from my thighs/ upper legs. Thanks!

Replies

• belanna5
    belanna5 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Do you log it? If you do and you are still eating at a deficit, it's alright.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    If you are measuring it accurately, logging it correctly and hitting your calorie and macro goals then you have nothing to worry about.
  • maryetamfp
    maryetamfp Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    One can never eat too much peanut butter... :D

No, seriously, if you are logging everything in and it still fits your macros, why not?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as too much peanut butter IIFYM, but you should weigh the peanut butter, not just log it by tablespoons.
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as too much peanut butter IIFYM, but you should weigh the peanut butter, not just log it by tablespoons.

Can you explain this? Is a tablespoon no longer a tablespoon or an inaccurate form of measuring?
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Can you explain this? Is a tablespoon no longer a tablespoon or an inaccurate form of measuring?

Ask 5 people to take a tablespoon of peanut butter and you will get 5 very different measurements. Weight is the best uniform caloric indicator for solid foods.
  • nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is a great source of protein and fiber and whatnot. Why wouldn't it be good? Just make sure to log how much you have, and you'll be good to go. :) Though be wary, I don't know if you're like this but I've found that if I have too much of something in a week I grow bored of it. It's always nice to switch things up.
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options

Ask 5 people to take a tablespoon of peanut butter and you will get 5 very different measurements. Weight is the best uniform caloric indicator for solid foods.

Got it. Thanks :)
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n4g5d3Hc0F1rg58bpo1_500.jpg
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

a tablespoon is accurate for liquid. But solids you will never get the same measurement twice. For something as calorie dense as peanut butter you need to weigh it.
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options

Getting the peanut butter off your scale though is tricky. Unless you don't mind somebody seeing you licking the scale.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    If you are measuring it accurately, logging it correctly and hitting your calorie and macro goals then you have nothing to worry about.

Yep.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as too much peanut butter, as long as it fits in your calories and macros. 40g (about 2.5 tbs) of natural fits perfectly in mine everyday.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options

Getting the peanut butter off your scale though is tricky. Unless you don't mind somebody seeing you licking the scale.

And for this reason i've never weighed it. And seem to have done alright.
  • R_Woodruff
    R_Woodruff Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Measure the spoon first then get your peanut butter and deduct what the spoon weighed...No mess and you already have a spoonful of peanut butter to munch on lol.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You rock!:flowerforyou:
  • nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Yeeeeeah agreed. I think when it comes to peanut butter I would just take my chances. :P I used to level off a measuring spoon for it, but now after seeing how much ends up on my bread after I do that I just eyeball it with a knife, honestly.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as "too much peanut butter"

tumblr_lzu248fghu1qhcmny_by_akreon-d65kxct.gif
  • shearnerve
    shearnerve Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Alot of sugar in your eating.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You rock!:flowerforyou:

I'd go have some peanut butter right now if I wasn't already done for the day :tongue:

How I personally weight peanut butter and other creamy foods: I either weight the bread slice/spatula/spoon, put some pb on it and then weight the bread/spoon again.