Does anyone notice weight maintaining or loss

Options
by not going over calorie intake goal? I'm just curious, I've been tracking pretty much every single thing I consume. and haven't gone over, if anything under. Has anyone had good results by staying within the limit? On my phone when I hit I'm finished logging today I'll get a message saying in 5 weeks if I did what I did every day, I'd weight between 145-160. Just wondering if that is really possible?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    that is quite the range...

I am not maintaining yet but close...my range is always 153-157...never 15lbs.

It is possible if you have a day exactly like that one...same sleep, water, food, movment not likely but possible.
  • LadyBaggins
    LadyBaggins Posts: 56
    Options
    Thanks for replying. Yeah I guess I'll just wait 5weeks and see how much I'm down by to see how accurate it is c:

I mean if I can lose at least 20lbs in 5 weeks by not going over in calories and doing the elliptical + weight training that'd be fantastic.
    I'm really trying hard, even though yesterday I slipped and ate some things I shouldn't of ;c
    Wish me luck! aha.
  • markalex123
    Options
    This is very good to see here about this.The way you explain things it is really good and nice.Anyone may gain benefits from it.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying. Yeah I guess I'll just wait 5weeks and see how much I'm down by to see how accurate it is c:

I mean if I can lose at least 20lbs in 5 weeks by not going over in calories and doing the elliptical + weight training that'd be fantastic.
    I'm really trying hard, even though yesterday I slipped and ate some things I shouldn't of ;c
    Wish me luck! aha.

20 lbs in 5 weeks does not sound reasonable at all. What are your stats (height/weight) and goals - and what do you have your calorie deficit set to?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I'm almost always under and have been for a year. I ALWAYS eat under for the week. But my weight's completely stable. It could be I just need less than MFP says. It's probably more likely that I systematically under-report what I eat because I estimate on weighing and measuring, even though I am as accurate as I can be and log everything I possibly can.

The proof is in the pudding. If you start to lose weight, you need to eat more. If you gain, eat less. We're all different.
  • patricekerstetter
    Options
    First I hope others thought of this or it may suggest it somewhere but, I also ADD anything condiments, spices, (pepper ground has trace SALT?) Ok so I know I just started 05/01/`14, I have already noticed some things. Less sugar seemed almost impossible but I`m doing it. I feel a little better already, salt intake was only 1/2 what I needed and everything else was DOUBLE. No wonder I felt so crappy. I knew about the sugar but the rest really surprised me. In trying so hard to gain weight I was eating 2x my need. I weight myself every day because I want to see the changes all of them. Yes it`s too soon to go YAY, could be many factors, water weight, etc.. I started at 92.lbs and I am 93.4 today the 6th so we`ll see. If nothing else I am taking in twice the water and back to some kind of exercise almost every day! ;-) I`m 63, 5`2`` and somewhat disabled with an old hip shatter! I have faith God led me here for a reason!!!!!
  • patricekerstetter
    Options
    Hey you could be right on the gestimating, I am trying to gain weight, I`m just starting. I had the opposite problem when I was younger. Married someone crazy and the fear set in. I started 05/01/`14 at 92.0 and I`m a whopping 93.4. Sure many factors might also be playing a part but I am feeling better BUT I really did start measuring the only thing is, no scale but what I can I do. Are you adding pepper (trace salt in ground) I use pepper mill. I also add condiments, (hidden calories, fat) etc. I didn`t know about the pepper thing so I`ll add basil if I use it, also extra virgin olive oil when I cook etc. Good luck, so far last calculation says I`ll weight 98.4, I think...I sure hope so, so tired of feeling like crud and having no drive or energy!
  • patricekerstetter
    Options
    It sounds like you`re doing great nxd10!