Corsets Anyone????

Options

Replies

• jahzbuttafly
    jahzbuttafly Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of what emirror and add:

I have purchased a steel boned corset and will begin waist training. I found Lucy's Corsetry (youtube) very informative. Her corseting is based upon personal experience referenced with industry professionals, scientific, historical and biological support. The most important thing I have learned is DO YOUR RESEARCH and then make your decision.
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Options
    Short answer: That doesn't work at all.

Oh yes they do, with dedication to wearing them you can literally train organs to move for ideal shape...I would not suggest it. Lot's of cultures do it for vanity.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    http://quantumleapfitness.com/2014/05/26/youre-waisting-your-time/

You can potentially suffer organ prolapse so bad it requires surgery.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I second the weak back muscles. I've worn real corsets a lot on set and had to do extra work on strengthening my muscles again. Not to mention enormously sore ribs and reduced oxygen intake. Really don't understand how women used to wear those things regularly :S
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have a real corset that I absolutely love! However, I don't wear it as much as I use to. It gets pretty painful after a while when you are wearing it for 10 hours a day. Either you'll love it or you'll hate it.

ETA: Yes, your body will go back to your original shape after you stop waist training. I am back to having the same shape as a cardboard box.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mr4yy3smsD1qz4rgp.gif
  • kdcj17
    kdcj17 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've worn corsets for a few years. I do not wear them regularly, however.

First, you are talking about waist training, which is not something to just jump in to. You should go to a forum group of people who really know what they are doing. Even if you just want to wear one for going out in, you should learn how to break in your corset, and how to lace properly, and even how to wear your undergarments underneath it.

Second, a corset you buy in the store, made of one layer of fabric and plastic stiffeners, is NOT a corset for waist training, or even cinching your waist smaller. It will break. A real, honest to Thor, corset is made with steel boning, and special fabric. A starter, or everyday, corset will be made of cotton coutil. Fancy corsets meant to be seen can have silk or satin on the outside, but will still have cotton coutil on the inside, because it is tough fabric that is hard to tear. When tightlacing, you are putting some major stress on the corset, and it has to be able to hold together.

Third, corset wearing is not intended to make you lose weight. It squishes your stomach, so you have to eat less at a sitting, but it is intended for body modification. DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Fourth, do not rely on a corset for posture correction. It does force you to sit upright, but it also does all the work for your muscles, which gives you MORE of a posture problem when you remove the corset. You are supposed to do more back exercises when you wear a corset, to help counter this problem.

Again, for the love of Thor, go to a corset wearing forum and get some of the experienced advice from there, not from casual wearers. Corsets are no joke.
    THIS!^^
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can use corsets (real ones) to train your waist and eventually it will become permant Just as foot binding will be permant. They have found remains of bodies that have been mishapen by corsets. It takes time and dedication. It also is really not that good for you. You are basically moving your insides around. Most of your organs are pretty happy where they are and would rather not be shoved around.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    My daughter was having a problem with her Rib being out of place. She tried on a corset at Comicon and as he pulled it tight her back straightened and rib went back into place. No pain after. I don't know about waist training, but it can help your posture.
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    I'll do it with you, if you want to be my friend for like 10 years lol.
    I need my boobs to my chin! LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    As others have said, waist training DOES work. You can, even without diet and exercise, create a certain shape by literally warping your body, including the organs, your ribs, etc. Dita von Teese is a famous example of a waist trainer, and she's literally worn a corset almost everyday (if not everday) since she was 18.

It's been posited that the increase in women's waist sizes was in part because of the drop in corset wearing in the early 20th century (prior to the obesity epidemic, but was often falsely cited as being the "early" stages of the epidemic).

I agree with others to do your research, but be wary; waist-training forums and sites are going to be as biased one way as many people on a health and fitness forum will be the other way.
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mpj7e30wq51rb324eo1_500.gif

good for arms and shoulders too
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone:

Just curious if anyone has tried or done Waist Training with corsets and what have been the results you have had? Good, Bad and the Ugly. Then what happens if you stop, does your shape go back to what it was before?

Looking forward to the responses... :happy:

yup!....I looked fan-freekin-tastic....I didn't keep it up though because I noticed a trend of not being happy with my natural body :sick:
    I got used to the way I looked in the corset laced all the way down & started to forget it was not the 'natural' state of things. Without the corset, I felt fat & unattractive. This was alarming to me, so I put it down for good. I wore one for about 8 weeks or so, then gave it to a friend.

It's a shame really how it started to take on a life of it's own and become a crutch I didn't want to do without. Anyhow, that's my perspective :drinker:
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    This thread is woefully short of photos.
  • kdcj17
    kdcj17 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This thread is woefully short of photos.
    efec7a58b4c04e2.jpg
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    dammit :huh:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    dammit :huh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :blushing:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    So no to the corset?!? "Unmanly"?!? No salad loving, no yoga since it was the "unmanly" to martial arts? Okay, so wearing corsets while eating salads and trying yoga poses(reverse warrior). . .got it.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    every time I wear a corset it only stays on about an hour or so max...
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I wear corsets from time to time...like...twice a month for a few hours at a time. It's not enough to give any lasting waist shrinkage. In order to get that you have to actually do hardcore waist treaining such as someone like Cathering Jung (world's smallest wiast...looks freakish). She wears her corset all day and night with the exception of an hour or so for bathing.

IMHO, what Ms. Jung is doing is just not worth it.

Wearing a steal boned corset *is* comfortable. Those who say they experience pain or bruising aren't doing it right. Wearing crappy plastic boned corsets in the wrong size is horribly uncomfortable. They dig. They don't give the "right" shape". They crease and cause the digging.

The steal spiral boned corsets give the shape you are looking for and move with you. I can dance all night in one. I can drive in one (with *some* movement restrictions) ATM, I need to buy a new one, as my current one laces all the way closed and leaves room for my hand to fit underneath. You really want it to lace comfortably and leave about 2 or 3 inches of gap, and you want that gap to be two parallell lines.

The steal (non-spiral) boned corsets also give the shape you are looking for, BUT you can't move very well in them. I refuse to even try to drive in that one. I can't bend well enough in it to really dance the way I want to, but I can eat/drink/breathe/everything else with ease...as long as I understand that bending at the waist is going to be highly compromised.

In the end, it's a fashion/fetish thing for me. I'm not committed enough to waist train, and, realistically, you'll only see a scant few inches in wiast reduction anyway.