Need low carb help please!

Options
2»

Replies

• Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have been doing low carb since January. I actually have started eating more carbs then I did at first. I make sure most of my carbs come from veggies though and I keep it under 100g a day. I noticed I wasnt losing if I ate too much cheese. I also try to eat between 1400-1500 calories a day.
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I agree with people saying you need to re-evaluate your proportions of carb/fat/protein/etc.

However, I'm on about 1200 per day (though I haven't been very good about it haha) and I will always tell everyone this: if you want to fill up without eating more starch or protein, go with vegetables. Fiber is so freakin filling, and if you want to rule it out as a "carb" then you need to re-evaluate what you consider to be off-limits carbs. Most of the carbs in vegetables are good for you, fill you up, and tend to be very low cal.

When I was feeling hungry last week but knew I was going to have a high-cal dinner, I just ate an entire bunch of broccoli and I was full for hours. It was delicious (this one is just my opinion), healthy, it filled me up, and I didn't waste my allotted calories on a higher-cal snack.
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am eating arounf 800-1000 calories a day because I am trying to keep it low fat and low carb. Its super frustrating.

Not enough calories.

:flowerforyou:
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I am eating arounf 800-1000 calories a day because I am trying to keep it low fat and low carb. Its super frustrating.

First, your calories are way too low. Second, WHY are you trying to keep it low fat and low carb? What is your reasoning for doing this, as science has shown that it is not going to have an effect on weight loss?

Not only does that not have an effect on weight loss, but low carb, low fat, high protein is potentially very, very dangerous and can kill you. It's called protein poisoning, or rabbit starvation. You're not only depriving your body of much-needed fuel (carbs and/or fat), but depriving your body of nutrients that can only be absorbed with fat, and putting unnecessary strain on your liver and kidneys.

The human body can live on next to no carbohydrates or a rather small amount of fat, but you can't deprive it of both. The need for them is so strong, in fact, that one of the symptoms of rabbit starvation is insatiable cravings that only carbs or fat can sate. This has been well-documented for centuries, and hunter-gatherer cultures have known long before that, that you cannot live on all or nearly all protein.

Protein is building blocks, not fuel. Carbs and fat are fuel. If you decrease one, you must increase the other. If your body is trying to use a lot of protein for fuel, you're doing something very, very wrong.