healthy habits

Options
dejareedubose
dejareedubose Posts: 39 Member
what are some things that you had to give up when you started your journey??

Replies

• aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I had to give up the idea that I have to be perfect. I'm not, I'm human and I know I'll have to make mistakes. My goal is to learn who I am and what I'm capable of.

I recently started running and I love it. I think appreciating our bodies for what we can accomplish is something we should all do more of instead of looking in the mirror and picking ourselves apart.

That being said, we have to work for what we want and without hard work, we aren't going to change.

Thats all I got!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    When I started I gave up carbs some weeks, fatty foods some weeks, gluten another week, etc. None of it worked for me, cause I could not stay committed. Now what do I give up? Nothing! I have learned from this whole process to not give up anything that you love.

OH I did have to give up the scale. The scale is bad bad bad for me!
  • mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    Diet soft drinks, artificial sweeteners, creamer in my coffee, fast food (except for some things at Subway and a few at Taco Bell). You can do it!
  • all4rescue
    all4rescue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I gave up pop. I usually only had 1 mt dew a day but have gave that up. I have cut back on my beer. That has been harder for me then the pop. I really like the taste of beer.
  • shauntelang
    Options
    I gave up Soda and Beer altogether. I cut WAY back on my candy consumption and try not to have too many carbs after lunchtime. It's just important to remember that you aren't going to do everything perfectly and don't try to purge everything you love!
  • OliviaCounts
    OliviaCounts Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Chai tea lattes and danishes (I work in a coffee shop). Eating one or two a week is much more rewarding than stuffing my face with them every day.
  • piratesluver
    piratesluver Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I gave up chips. i was obsessed and there was no 'moderation' for me. It was an every-night habit.

Now I eat corn chips every week or so, and call it a day.
  • pepper176
    pepper176 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Once I started logging everything I ate it became obvious that I could save myself a lot of calories by making a couple of tweaks. The biggest? I went from having 3 teaspoons of sugar in each cup of coffee down to 1/2 teaspoon, and now I can't stomach it any sweeter. I also rarely add butter to anything. I haven't cut either thing out completely, but making the decision to spend my calories on something more substantial than sugar or butter has made a big difference!
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I gave up sweet tea. Do I miss the taste? YES! Do I miss the sick feeling? NO! I used to get what the South calls an all day tea (gigantic cup) and by the end of the day I would feel sick.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    guessing portion sizes
  • briggitte59
    briggitte59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    gave up hot cheetos. dang i miss my hot cheetos :(
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I had to give up shoving anything and everything into my pie hole. I still eat all the foods, just not as much. Seems to be working ;)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Diet soft drinks, artificial sweeteners, creamer in my coffee, fast food (except for some things at Subway and a few at Taco Bell). You can do it!
    Wow that sounds dull

I've not given up anything. Reduced potion sizes and eat some slightly different things to fuel my running. If though I want something I make it fit within my calories
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

I love hot cheetos! I miss those too! :( We can cry together!
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options

I love hot cheetos! I miss those too! :( We can cry together!

It may be a dumb question but..what are hot cheetos? I'm thinking warmed up cheesies haha but I'm sure that is not correct.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I have given up nothing. That is, unless you count sitting on the couch watching Netflix all day. That I did give up. :) I still do it, just not all day.
  • jan5500
    jan5500 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I gave up: eating whatever I wanted, whenever I felt like it, most carbs, dairy, sweeteners of all kinds, having more than one cup of coffee per day. Mostly I gave up being dehydrated and tired and sick all of the time. I also gave up hating to look in a mirror and sitting out all of the fun!
  • shuntia982003
    Options
    Diet coke and I'm reducing my portion size and cutting back on sweets
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    drinking high calorie adult cocktails, wine, baking every week and oversized portions of everything. I wouldn't go as far as saying I "gave it up", but I have certainly cut back on my intake.
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Weekday wine. Now I wait till Friday and Saturday to have tipple, even then I have found I drink in far smaller quantities. Think as much about necessary reduction of alcohol intake as losing weight.