not sure about this

ley1
ley1 Posts: 115
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
brought a HRM no- not a polar one just a bog standard one (all i could afford) so anyway i dunno if the calories are way out or not but i seem to be burning a lot.

today i did a 30 min cardio work out and it said i burnt 300cals
played just dance, did 3 full songs - it said 45cals for each song
then finally i went out for a brisk walk pushing the kids in the stroller 50 mins and it said i burnt 614cals

i mean its consistent because when i went out for a 45 min walk & run (no kids) the other night it said i burnt 520 cals

IS it over estimating my calories? or is it just because i'm a bigger girl that i'm burning the calories more>

what do you all think?

Replies

• GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    b/c u're a big girl (like myself :tongue: ) it's easier 4 us 2 burn calories. the closer we get 2 our goal weight the harder it'll b 2 burn the same amount of calories.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Welp, I'm a bit of an analyst. I use to track how many calories I burnt per mile on the Treadmill, Elliptical, and stationary bike. Then I transferred those results to estimate the calories burned while walking and hiking. Then when I signed on to myfitnespal.com I started using their numbers. When compared to my estimates myfitnesspal.com estimates are very close.

However, I would use the estimates on myfitnesspal.com as an index. That is did I improve, did I maintain, etc.

The real test is did I lose lbs.

Good luck!
  • hello

does it have a facility that allows you to put in your weight and height?

if so i would say its fairly accurate.

does it have a chest strap?
    x
  • ley1
    no chest strap but yes you have to put in height weight age and sex when setting it up
  • FlashBang
    FlashBang Posts: 136
    It sounds about right. I have a cheapo pro form. It is real close to any machine I have ever used. I can't eat nearly all my exercise calories anyway so it does not have to be real accurate. Just don't use it to over eat and you will be just fine.
  • ley1
    thank you!
This discussion has been closed.