GIVING UP BREAD AND CHEESE! Challange Accepted!

Options
On April 1...I decided to give myself a challenge of just 30 min of extra exercise a day... No matter what kind it was...Hiking, Biking, walking, go to a class do a class from home...So I completed this challenge, the eating healthy just came with it....Now is a new challenge for the month of May....NO Bread or Cheese....This is a big deal for I art thou Love LOVE CHEESE!!!! Ok so as of today! I am giving up the second love of my life...Because of course my first love is my little doggy! BYE BYE CHEESE! I just wanted everyone to know, because if I don't tell anyone it is not real! It helps me say I put it out there and now I have to prove it! What kind of challenges are you giving yourself and do you want to take a challenge with me?

Replies

• RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    SAME BOAT.

I have up Bread and Cheese. I love both of them and they in fact have been my only ongoing relationship for the last three years.

Was SO hard to say G'bye but I feel so much better now that they are gone.
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have made this horrific sacrifice myself....but I'm letting myself have bread and cheese once a week because I'M NOT A MONSTER, OKAY?
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason to give up cheese? Or are you just doing it to see if you can? I have an ounce or two of cheese every day, and it's never had a negative impact on my weight or overall health. I ate that much cheese (sometimes more!) the entire time I was losing, and have continued to do so during my last 2+ years of maintenance.
  • Xingy01
    Xingy01 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    No cheese? Blasphemy!

I'd have to give up tacos, burritos, lasagna, pizza, grilled cheese, sandwiches and subs, baked potatoes with cheese, cheese fries, hamburger casserole, goulash, baked spaghetti, quesadillas, nachos, au gratin potatoes, cheeseburgers, chicken cordon bleu, chili with cheese, pastel de papas, and many other foods. I may as well just starve :P
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    On April 1...I decided to give myself a challenge of just 30 min of extra exercise a day... No matter what kind it was...Hiking, Biking, walking, go to a class do a class from home...So I completed this challenge, the eating healthy just came with it....Now is a new challenge for the month of May....NO Bread or Cheese....This is a big deal for I art thou Love LOVE CHEESE!!!! Ok so as of today! I am giving up the second love of my life...Because of course my first love is my little doggy! BYE BYE CHEESE! I just wanted everyone to know, because if I don't tell anyone it is not real! It helps me say I put it out there and now I have to prove it! What kind of challenges are you giving yourself and do you want to take a challenge with me?

You should try challenging yourself to learning to eat your fav foods in moderation, will set you up for success in the long run
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I did a gluten free dairy free challenge for a month in January. It was tough because I LOVE cheese, but I'm glad I did it because it made me much more aware of just how much of these things were in my diet that don't need to be. Long term changes included skipping the bun on any type of cooked sandwich (veggie burgers, etc) and limiting my cheese to one serving a day.

A lot of people have said they've lost weight by cutting out these things. I didn't, but I was around my healthy weight anyway so that's probably why. Good luck!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    My face at the thought of giving up bread and cheese.

tumblr_mbtstfj6j41qcpm3u.gif

ETA: Seriously, why are you denying yourself something you love? challenging yourself to control your portions/learn moderation would be the better challenge. Think of it as a lifestyle change not a diet with an end date. If you can't se giving it up forever, then work it into your caloric and macro goals.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    My commiserations. (And no thanks, I'm quite happy with my bread and cheese consumption. :smile: )
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

The challenges I give myself are ones that are sustainable for the long run. No.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't a better challenge be for 30 days or forever learn to eat all the food you truly love in moderation so that you could be setting yourself up for future success?
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    You should try challenging yourself to learning to eat your fav foods in moderation, will set you up for success in the long run

That sounds a little too logical, sir!
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    NO ! I won't do it ! (stomps foot)
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options

Because I'm an "all or nothing" kinda girl myself please don't think I'm stupid when I say "What a good idea."
    Carry on folks... Just had my revelation in words and in terms I think I can handle :bigsmile:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Good. More for me.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    My profile picture indicates that I disagree with just about everything you stand for.

BUT I WOULD DEFEND TO THE DEATH YOUR RIGHT TO STAND FOR IT.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My face at the thought of giving up bread and cheese.

tumblr_mbtstfj6j41qcpm3u.gif

ETA: Seriously, why are you denying yourself something you love? challenging yourself to control your portions/learn moderation would be the better challenge. Think of it as a lifestyle change not a diet with an end date. If you can't se giving it up forever, then work it into your caloric and macro goals.

I'm sending you a FR for your sensibility and taste in men!! :love:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I have an ounce or two of cheese every day, and it's never had a negative impact on my weight or overall health.
    An ounce of cheese would just be frustrating for me - I've tried adding just that to a meal and it's literally a 'mouthful', yet you've got over 100 calories gone.

I never purposely gave up cheese or bread, but when sticking to a decent deficit I do tend to stop eating them because they aren't worth it generally on a calories / quantity / niceness ratio.

I do quite like the weight watchers cheddar - 30g protein and 10g fat for 215 calories - not bad ratios.

As for "learning moderation" - I'd suggest a better time to learn might be when you've got a bit more room to play, rather than putting food you KNOW you have problems with infront of yourself when you're most likely to binge due to already low calories.

Like telling an alcoholic "well, just try having a FEW beers rather than cutting them out completely; you need to learn to live with this!" :)
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I do things like this occasionally just to prove to myself that I can.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

giphy.gif
    You are my love cheese?