Is 600 calories too much for one meal.

Options
Breakfast was about 450 calories, and lunch was Greek yogurt, a turkey sandwich, and a banana with 2 tbs of peanut butter which added up to around 550 calories. Am I eating too much in my meals? My calorie goal is 2,000 calories.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your calorie goals it is fine. My breakfast is 500-550 calories usually.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Side note first: Given your age, being male, and pic, I'm questioning your calorie goal. Which is to say, how much do you weigh, and much are you trying to lose? If you're not trying to lose, 2,000 calories per day seems low.

That aside, it's fine to eaet 600 calories in a single meal....or 800...or 1500, etc. As long it fits in your total daily goal, and you're not too hungry between meals.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Some people eat all their calories at one meal. You're fine.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    yah that's fine...sometimes my breakfast is over 700 and I am a woman....
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was about 450 calories, and lunch was Greek yogurt, a turkey sandwich, and a banana with 2 tbs of peanut butter which added up to around 550 calories. Am I eating too much in my meals? My calorie goal is 2,000 calories.
    You could have one 2000 calorie meal if that fitted with your goals.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    You could have one 2000 calorie meal if that fitted with your goals.
    Exactly.
    I do 24 hour fasting, and it is not uncommon to have a 1000 calorie meal. Doesnt quite matter.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    My dinner is usually upwards of 1600, so put me down for "no."