500 Kcal Pizza - High Protein healthy option

Options
Train4Foodz
Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
HI guys,
So today I followed a few recipes I have been considering doing for a while. The end result is an awesomely tasty pizza that is Macro friendly!

Stats-
Calories - 499
Carbs - 39
Fat - 11
Protein- 58g
Sodium - 1150
Sugar - 7

Ingredients-
Asda - White Tortilla (60g Each), 1 wrap
Weight Watchers - Reduced Fat Grated Mature Cheese, 20 g
Napolina - Pizza Topping, 50 g
Asda Chosen by You - Ready to Eat Tikka Chicken Breast Slices, 200 g

Instructions-
(1) Preheat the oven to 220 degrees
(2) Place your tortilla in the oven for 2 - 3 minutes to harden it slightly
(3) Once you have taken your tortilla out of the oven, spread your pizza topping across it, making sure you leave room around the edges to hold on to.
(4) Cover with the cooked chicken tikka pieces
(5) Spread the cheese on
(6) Cook at 220 degrees for approximately 6-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the edges are crisp.
(7) ENJOY

20140505_160629.jpg

Super Yum and Macro friendly!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    HI guys,
    So today I followed a few recipes I have been considering doing for a while. The end result is an awesomely tasty pizza that is Macro friendly!

Stats-
    Calories - 499
    Carbs - 39
    Fat - 11
    Protein- 58g
    Sodium - 1150
    Sugar - 7

Ingredients-
    Asda - White Tortilla (60g Each), 1 wrap
    Weight Watchers - Reduced Fat Grated Mature Cheese, 20 g
    Napolina - Pizza Topping, 50 g
    Asda Chosen by You - Ready to Eat Tikka Chicken Breast Slices, 200 g

Instructions-
    (1) Preheat the oven to 220 degrees
    (2) Place your tortilla in the oven for 2 - 3 minutes to harden it slightly
    (3) Once you have taken your tortilla out of the oven, spread your pizza topping across it, making sure you leave room around the edges to hold on to.
    (4) Cover with the cooked chicken tikka pieces
    (5) Spread the cheese on
    (6) Cook at 220 degrees for approximately 6-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the edges are crisp.
    (7) ENJOY

20140505_160629.jpg

Super Yum and Macro friendly!

Isn't it more of an unfolded quesadilla vs a pizza? And weight watchers cheese?
  • Train4Foodz
    Options
    I considered it a pizza and I have always been a fan of WW cheese, it tastes right and goes well with the overall taste.. as with everything, everything is interchangeable for things that you prefer.
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yum looks good :flowerforyou:
    I always make 'pizza' with my tortilla wraps if they need using up though I just stick mine under the grill for a few mins with the toppings on or I'd end up burning it :laugh:
  • prettyeyezshelia
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing. Will have to try with my son.
  • Isabel_Fit93
    Options
    Looks really good!! Never thought of using a tortilla wrap as a low calorie substitute for a normal pizza base. Thanks for the idea!!
  • janwoolford
    janwoolford Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looks & sounds nice...but 11g fat seems a lot...
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    The 'light' aldi mozzarella is worth a look -
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/aldi-mozzarella-light-50-less-fat-14242181
    Something like 8.6g fat and 19g protein per 100g; not as good as the Weight watchers macro percentages, but does melt better - I don't MIND the weight watchers stuff on pizza, but it does end up a bit funny I'd say.

The 'jus roll' pizza base is quite good on calories per square inch - just because it is really ridiculously thin.
    Does make it more of a faff to get it to work, however.
  • Train4Foodz
    Options
    Looks & sounds nice...but 11g fat seems a lot...
    Hi Jan,
    The body physically needs a certain amount of fat within its daily intake, no matter what your goals are.
    For the type of meal thsi is 11g of fat is actualy pretty good (most 'ehalthy' pizza recipes have 20g+ ).

Using less cheese or cutting sizes down could reduce these figures further should you wish you, it all depends on your appetite.
  • Train4Foodz
    Options
    The 'light' aldi mozzarella is worth a look -
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/aldi-mozzarella-light-50-less-fat-14242181
    Something like 8.6g fat and 19g protein per 100g; not as good as the Weight watchers macro percentages, but does melt better - I don't MIND the weight watchers stuff on pizza, but it does end up a bit funny I'd say.

The 'jus roll' pizza base is quite good on calories per square inch - just because it is really ridiculously thin.
    Does make it more of a faff to get it to work, however.
    Gonna have to give that a try pal!
  • Train4Foodz
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing. Will have to try with my son.

I hope you and your son both enjoy it, let us know how it goes :D
    Looks really good!! Never thought of using a tortilla wrap as a low calorie substitute for a normal pizza base. Thanks for the idea!!

Yeah, it takes the 'guilt' away from pizza (obviously done sensibly.. if you ate 5 a day it may not do your intake so much good haha)
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Looks really good. I am a huge fan of WW cheese. Is it the same? No... But if you can find something that works, good for you.. Thanks so much for sharing.. I like the idea of a thin crispy crust..
  • TraceyLee1102
    TraceyLee1102 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what 'Macro friendly' means yet (still really new) but I always struggle with my dinner meals and this looks like something I would enjoy! I never thought about using my tortillas as a pizza base
    Thanks for sharing.
  • Train4Foodz
    Options
    I am not sure what 'Macro friendly' means yet (still really new) but I always struggle with my dinner meals and this looks like something I would enjoy! I never thought about using my tortillas as a pizza base
    Thanks for sharing.

Macros are the dietary stats that you abide by (Kcals, Carbs, Fat, etc), your personal daily intake level of each of these are your macros.
    This recipe I find will fit nicely into most diet plans.
    Looks really good. I am a huge fan of WW cheese. Is it the same? No... But if you can find something that works, good for you.. Thanks so much for sharing.. I like the idea of a thin crispy crust..

I absolutely love it, it works for me nicely.. Will definitely be having again. The WW grated cheese is what I used, not sure of it has similar stats to the other WW cheese but I can't see the results being too different.
  • geebusuk
    Options
    I've had the WW cheese in grated, sliced and block form - all work the same.
    Generally get them when on offer, otherwise it's more of a 'treat' paying £2 for 200 grams of cheese.
    Ended up with some Tescos 50% reduced fat grated when stocking up my new fridge. Macros a good way off the ww, but price more reasonable - they only had the sliced WW which is 160g for £2. As I'm building my calories up, am less bothered by a bit more fat.

On weight watchers, they used to do some fresh pizzas that weren't bad for the calories. Not sure if they still do them, haven't seen them recently, but haven't looked and they weren't normally stocked with other Pizzas I don't think.
    Something around 400 calories for a smallish pizza I think - I usually chucked some more lean meat and maybe some onion for taste.

There was another brand doing a 350 frozen pizza, but can't remember the same - again, a good start to load it up, but still keep the calories down.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.

Macros are the dietary stats that you abide by (Kcals, Carbs, Fat, etc), your personal daily intake level of each of these are your macros.
    This recipe I find will fit nicely into most diet plans.

I absolutely love it, it works for me nicely.. Will definitely be having again. The WW grated cheese is what I used, not sure of it has similar stats to the other WW cheese but I can't see the results being too different.
    I like the cheese also because of being so versatile. They used to have a jalapeño one also but now can't seem to find it. Have you used it ?????
  • 2dare2dream
    2dare2dream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This is definately one i will be trying. Thanks for taking time to share :smile:
  • geebusuk
    Options
    I haven't seen a jalapeño one in the UK (I'm presuming that's where the OP is from), but then I generally don't like spicy stuff so wouldn't have chosen it if I had seen it.
  • Train4Foodz
    Options
    @Geebusuk -
    Never used the Jalapeño cheese but for me I think it would be nice (I love my spicy foods).. Seen it a few times on the shelves before now but not recently!
    Yeah I'm from the UK :)

@2dare2dream -
    I hope you enjoy it, let us know how it goes :D

@GSDlovers-
    I haven't tried it yet but I intend to!
  • Train4Foodz
    Options
    Bump - for the lady that was wanting a good pizza base (directed to here)
  • AllieMarie2244
    AllieMarie2244 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of trying to make pizza on my pita bread... its whole wheat and about 80calories each
    I also wish I could find weight watchers cheese... I find the string cheese but never the shredded
    have to keep looking

great recipe though I'll have to look for some tortillas to use on it :)