Too much protein left to eat by end of day.

Options
2»

Replies

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem... well not the same, but close to it - I fill my calories just fine, but my protein is always 20-30g away from my goal. :/ I physically cannot force myself to eat anymore meat -___- I used to eat meat once a week, twice at most, and now on a daily basis is just too much :x

Considering protein powder to use in mornings with my milk and oat flakes... But somewhat panicky about it as a long time ago (8-9 years ago) I was on a herbalife protein shake diet (huuuuuge mistake) and I ended up gaining weight (had to have 2 shakes a day + a normal meal once a day) and living on it for 6 months really made me hate powders and such... Uh.. yeah...

</end of kidnapping thread>

My issue is similar to yours. I end up filling my calories but come up short on protein, and I actually increased my protein macro because I'm trying to build more lean muscle mass. It's also hard to get to my protein goals without going over the fat and cholesterol limits, which I should avoid, since I have high cholesterol.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

My issue is similar to yours. I end up filling my calories but come up short on protein, and I actually increased my protein macro because I'm trying to build more lean muscle mass. It's also hard to get to my protein goals without going over the fat and cholesterol limits, which I should avoid, since I have high cholesterol.

You will gain lean muscle mass by eating at a caloric surplus while supplying with protein and heavy lifting exercise. You will not build lean muscle mass if you are at a caloric deficit no matter how much protein you eat.

If your body feels it needs to harvest its own tissue (fat stores) to supply you with enough calories (what happens in caloric deficit) its not going to bother to try to build muscle at the same time.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options

You will gain lean muscle mass by eating at a caloric surplus while supplying with protein and heavy lifting exercise. You will not build lean muscle mass if you are at a caloric deficit no matter how much protein you eat.

If your body feels it needs to harvest its own tissue (fat stores) to supply you with enough calories (what happens in caloric deficit) its not going to bother to try to build muscle at the same time.

Will I gain weight if I start eating more? I'm small female around 5'1.5" and around 120 lbs, and older (55). The nutritionist suggested I may have plateaued in weight loss both because I'm at a normal BMI for my size and because I do strength training and quite a bit of cardio. I am a bit concerned that if I up my calories, I'll start gaining back since maintenance isn't very high for my size.
    It took me about 3 months to lose 4 lbs. and 1% bodyfat on a 1200 net. Most of the time, I eat back all my exercise calories.